Author Topic: Advice/help neede re. Catherine Sangster  (Read 1864 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Advice/help neede re. Catherine Sangster
« Reply #9 on: Monday 17 September 18 16:58 BST (UK) »
Forfarian, your speculation does look feasible/understandable!

Glad it's not only me who sometimes can't find info. when inserting both surnames although I'm sure it's because I've inadvertantly ticked the wrong box i.e. female v male  ::)

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Cathy53

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 17 September 18 17:06 BST (UK) »
Thank you to both Forfarian and Rosinish for the help you have given me this afternoon. Having been a member for a few years (only reading the forums) this was the first time I had asked for help and you came up trumps. Thank you for taking the time.
Mitchell, Macpherson, Macbeth, Ross, Lyell, Kennedy, Mcdonald, Mackay, Keay, Simpson and Adamson.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 17 September 18 17:35 BST (UK) »
Glad it was useful, but can I please make a wee suggestion for future reference? When you post a query, include as much information as you can, and in particular say which certificates you already have and what they all tell you. That saves people spending time going over ground you have already covered.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.