Author Topic: Mary Elizabeth LLEWELLIN  (Read 3569 times)

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Elizabeth LLEWELLIN
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 22 September 18 08:39 BST (UK) »
Looking for William Robert Llewell* in 1871 I can't see him or any of the 1861 Llewellyn family  :-\   

Father William died I think in 1867 age 46 and this is the family in 1881  https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:Q27N-DCTM 

Kay

Offline Greaves

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Saturday 22 September 18 23:42 BST (UK) »
On his death certificate, James GILBERT (62) was described as a general labourer of 47 Lorenco Road, Tottenham. There is no indication of his marital status. The informant was Arthur Gilbert of 1 Lorenco Road. Arthur was born in 1909 and was the couple's youngest son.

The 1911 census is the last time we have any evidence of both James and Mary being alive and together, at that time Arthur was just two years old. By the time of his father's death he was still only 24.

I might have to wait until the release of the 1921 census, when Arthur would have been 12 and presumably still living with his parents, to see whether Mary was still alive. Though it would be nice to know her fate now rather than having to wait until the release of the 1921 census, presumably in 2021.

Offline Greaves

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 17 January 22 13:37 GMT (UK) »
The 1921 release has not helped, since I can't find any member of the family in that census. Admittedly I have only looked at what FindMyPast shows without paying, but none of the results that are revealed look like they are worth spending money for.

Judging by the 1911 census, there should be:

James GILBERT (52), Mary Elizabeth GILBERT (46), James GILBERT (22), Emma GILBERT (20), Alfred GILBERT (17), William GILBERT (15) and Arthur GILBERT (12).

in 1911, the family were at 18 Tenterden Road, Tottenham. And in 1933 when James GILBERT died, the family were in Lorenco Road, Tottenham.

So in 1921, I would expect at least some of them to be in the same area, the border of Tottenham and Edmonton. But I just can't find them.