Author Topic: McCLure (MacLeod) Family  (Read 2237 times)

Offline BrianF716

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McCLure (MacLeod) Family
« on: Sunday 23 September 18 04:00 BST (UK) »
I am looking for more information on my McClure side of the family... I have back to the 1600s, but I dont have that much information from Ireland or the family from there.... I live in US... Halbert Samuel McClure came to the Augusta Virginia, USA in the early 1700s.. 

Halbert Samuel McClure
1684–1754
BIRTH 1684 • Raphoe, Donegal, Ireland
DEATH 1754 • Augusta, VA, USA
1st cousin 9x removed

James Arthur Andrew McClure
1660–1732
BIRTH 1660 • Raphoe, County Donegal, Ireland
DEATH 1732 • Virginia Colony, Augusta (Now Rockbridge) County, Timber Ridge
9th great-uncle

Andrew McClure
1640–1705
BIRTH 1640 • Raphoe, 5300, Ireland
DEATH 1705 • Ballnashanagh, DC, Ireland
my 9th great-grandfather

Thanks so much

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: McCLure (MacLeod) Family
« Reply #1 on: Monday 11 February 19 08:45 GMT (UK) »
Hello Brian, i too am a McClure of Donegal researcher. Just to clarify a few things - James and andrew are brothers? Halbert Samuel is son of James? Up until a couple of years ago there was a McClure DNA website that a lot of information with many mixed messages of the Halbert McClure line. You may  still something on a google search to assist. What are your sources to confirm the B/D dates of Andrew, James and Halbert?

Cheers
Jack Gee
Cloghroe/Killynure/Magheranappin McClures.
GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,GRAHAM,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,BRITTON,HARVEY,ALLEN

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 11 February 19 09:28 GMT (UK) »
 McClure family of the Barony of Raphoe.
Citation:    Journal of the County Donegal Historical Society , Vol. I, No. 3, p. 210, 1949
Format:    Journal Article
Published:    1949
Subjects:    McClure, family of

http://www.worldcat.org/search?q=ti%3A%22Journal+of+the+County+Donegal+Historical+Society%22&fq=dt%3Aser

http://copac.ac.uk/search?&mtl=Journals+%26+other+periodicals&ti=%22Journal+of+the+County+Donegal+Historical+Society%22&sort-order=rank
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline JACK GEE

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 11 February 19 09:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello Brian, forgot to say welcome to Rootschat. My afore mentioned McClure DNA Project your line is known as the Virginian McClures and/or Halbert McClure line.
They are part of the Halbert and Richard McClure of the Findrum, Convoy, Raphoe, County Donegal Northern Ireland study.
My line is thru Richard McClure. Richard is older than Halbert and possibly his Uncle.
When you have completed 3 posts send me a personal message and i will provide names associated with the McClure DNA project who maybe able to help you further.

Cheers
Jack Gee
GILBERT-ShirehamptonEng-Vic/Australia,HERWEG-WoltwiescheGERmany-Vic/Aust,CREIGHTON-Donegal-NI,Gosforth/CumbriaEng-Vic/Aust,MCCLURE-Cloghroe/KillynureDonegal NI,Vic/Aust,PATULLO-StMadoesPerthshire-Vic/Aust,NICHOLAS-Nth CheritonEng/Vic Aust,COX-ShirehamptonEng,FORD-MidsomerNortonEng,THOMAS-Pilton/Devon,EDWARDS-Bristol/Eng,BOND-Norfolk,NAU-Germany,SINGLETON-MuncasterEng,LADLAY-GosforthEng,JOHNSTONE-BalmerinoFife, TEMPLE-StranorlarNI,GRAHAM,CRAIGIE,HALL,HANNAM,GINGELL,HALE,OSMAN,BRITTON,HARVEY,ALLEN

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 11 February 19 12:38 GMT (UK) »
Donegal resources

http://www.donegalgenealogy.com

Richard McClure mentioned 1776

Mentioned on http://www.famroots.org

Moses 1710 to 1778
Nathaniel 1712 to 1761(Death Augusta)