Author Topic: Nancy Getty Henry death info  (Read 602 times)

Offline djsjeans

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Nancy Getty Henry death info
« on: Wednesday 26 September 18 22:34 BST (UK) »
I am searching for death information for Nancy Getty Henry. She was the second wife of my gr. gr. gr. grandfather Jameson Henry. I believe they were married in the Finvoy Presbyterian Church and I found a marriage record for 16 November 1880 • Ballymoney, County Antrim. Her father - Moore Getty.

Jameson died in 1904 and I found Nancy living with the family of Jameson's daughter, Mary Henry McClarnon and husband John in the 1911 census. They were living in Tyanee Clady, Londonderry. So Nancy died sometime after 1911. She was born abt. 1847 in Antrim and she would have been about 64 years old at the time of the census.

I did find a marriage for a Nancy Henry with father listed as Moore Getty who was a widow. She married a Samuel Elliot in Ballymoney 26 November 1915. However, I have no proof that this is indeed the Nancy Getty Henry I am searching for. My point is, there is a possibility that her name was instead, Nancy Elliot at the time of her death. However, this is unsubstantiated. 

I have no other information of Nancy after that time.

Any help you can give me with further information concerning Nancy's death would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Debbie

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Nancy Getty Henry death info
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 26 September 18 22:51 BST (UK) »
1880 marriage- LINK
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/Enagh/Leeck/942785
Death of Jamison Henry 1904- LINK
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Londonderry/Clady/Tyanee/608968

I can't see a marriage of Nancy Henry to Samuel Elliot in 1915 in Ballymoney district. Can you post a link to that record please?

The records on Irish Genealogy site only go up to 1921 for N.I. counties- after that date you can search the index on GRONI's site (deaths 75 or more years old are there) for likely candidates then view the records for a small fee.

Death of Moore Getty 1882- LINK
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Nancy Getty Henry death info
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 September 18 22:55 BST (UK) »
Found 1915 marriage-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1915/09826/5567921.pdf
Can't see any reason why it wouldn't be the correct person.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!