Author Topic: Death Notice Evening Chronicle - lookup  (Read 3639 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Death Notice Evening Chronicle - lookup
« on: Thursday 27 September 18 08:14 BST (UK) »
If anyone is going to the library in Newcastle and has some time, please could I have a look up to see if there is a death notice for :

Robert Ridley GREENER
His last address was 36 Commercial Buildings, Dunston and he was buried on 4th April 1934 so if a notice exists then it would have been in the previous few days.

This time frame isn't in the online database and I'd like to know if there is any mention of a wife or other family.

Thanks

Boo

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Death Notice Evening Chronicle - lookup
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 27 September 18 21:00 BST (UK) »
I will look this notice up for you Boo as soon as work permits and if no one else beats me to it.   
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 27 September 18 21:17 BST (UK) »
Thanks RTL, no hurry I know how busy you are.

Boo

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 28 September 18 16:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Boo, Just caught their early closing night on way home from work .. :)

Evening Chronicle - Monday, April 2, 1934

'GREENER-Dunston, 36 Commercial Buildings, March 30th, suddenly, aged 40, Robert Ridley, beloved husband of Annie, and son of the late George and Hannah Greener.  Interment Garden House Cemetery Wednesday, leaving residence 2.15.  Fellow-workmen, friends and neighbours kindly invited.'
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 28 September 18 17:12 BST (UK) »
There are a couple of memoriam notices too, Boo.

However, I am in a bit of a dash now so will try to send these either tomorrow or Sunday (as soon as I can).   :)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 28 September 18 17:18 BST (UK) »
Oh thank you, I was hoping for names of relatives but to get the confirmation about his parents too is a bonus!

Interesting that he was married, I'll have to go back and re-look to see if I can find the marriage registration. I've just been looking at a marriage record for one of his sisters and that had a Martha Annie Greener as a witness, hmm it could be her I suppose.

off to have a firkle.

Thank you RTL, as ever your help is appreciated.

Boo

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 28 September 18 17:22 BST (UK) »
found a quite possible for the marriage:  1932 to Annie Hardy in Gateshead, so not her as a witness on the marriage record in 1929, will have to go back to firkling for Martha Annie :-)

Boo

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 28 September 18 17:34 BST (UK) »
You are welcome Boo.

Just a quick post to let you know in his memoriams which I will type and post tomorrow the death of his sister 'Emily' is also referenced and someone called 'May'.  Hope this night help with firkling tonight.  Will post notices tomorrow when I get more time - dashing at the moment. ;D

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 28 September 18 17:53 BST (UK) »
oooh I've been firkling (unsuccessfully so far) to get Emily either married or died. The fact that her birth was registered as Sarah Emily hasn't helped a lot ! :-) May, could have been Isabella May, another sister but I'll wait till I have gone through the rest of the family to see if there are any other options.

No rush RTL, it really can wait. Robert's parents had 13 children in total so it will be quite some while before I document and write them all up.
The burial records for Garden House Cemetery being online on Family Search has been a wonderful help in confirming death records for them.

Boo