Author Topic: Death Notice Evening Chronicle - lookup  (Read 3634 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death Notice Evening Chronicle - lookup
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 29 September 18 13:47 BST (UK) »
Got ten minutes on my own so looked at Emily / Sarah Emily

Though a Sarah E Newton died in 1934, there is no  marriage in the database that matches.

BUT :-)

Marriage Q2 1912, Gateshead Sarah E Greener and Robert V Gillender

Robert V Gillender not in the GRO deaths database, but he is on the CWGC site died 17/04/1918 aged 30, son of William Gillender of 20 Ridley Gardens, Swalwell and the late Martha Gillender, husband of Sarah E, Newton (formerly Gillender) of Homes Buildings, Swalwell

Marriage Q1 1921, Gateshead Sarah E Gillender and Joseph Newton

Death Q2 1934 Sarah E Newton, Gateshead
Burial Garden House 23 June 1934 Sarah Emily Newton, married woman, Dick* ?? Ave, Swalwell

So yes, she looks highly possible to be the 'Emily' I am looking for. :-)

Thanks RTL !

Boo

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 29 September 18 13:49 BST (UK) »
Sounds like no more firkling until at least tomorrow as you will likely be flat out by tonight! ;D.  Hope you have a lovely afternoon with your handsome chaps. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 29 September 18 13:52 BST (UK) »
Amazing!  More firkling by the time I pressed send on my last post!  I will now also look up Sarah when I can next get to the library.  Glad that my hunch looks as though it might be right. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 29 September 18 19:37 BST (UK) »
Just as an aside Robert V Gillender is on the NEWMP website:

http://www.newmp.org.uk/detail.php?contentId=8916

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 30 September 18 15:26 BST (UK) »
Boo, this is just quick as I may run out of charge with my Kindle.  I have been able to spend a little time in the library today looking for Emily and May. 

I just wanted to let you know that your all your amazing firkling yesterday was spot on - going off the notices and a small sad article I have found.  In the following years memoriam brother Jack and Robert are mentioned.

It seems that May was accidentally knocked over by a car and died of head injuries in the Newcastle Infirmary..  She was the daughter of Annie Hardy and the late John Hardy.

Sarah Emily Newton was the wife of Joseph Newton and the daughter of the late George and Hannah Greener.

Will get this all typed up for you tomorrow at some point as Kindle may run out of charge today..

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 30 September 18 15:29 BST (UK) »
Many thanks RTL, no hurry as I am still trying to get the last three of the siblings written up and can easily go back to the others before I upload them all to my tree site.

It 'did' all feel right, but you can't document feelings so your help is very much appreciated.

Boo

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 30 September 18 16:14 BST (UK) »
Evening Chronicle - Friday June 22, 1934

'NEWTON.- Swalwell, 8 Dickens Avenue, June 20th aged 43 years.  Sarah Emily, beloved wife of Joseph Newton, daughter of the late George and Hannah Greener, of Dunston.  Interment at Garden House Cemetery, Saturday, leaving residence at 2.30.  Friends and neighbours invited.'

Evening Chronicle - Thursday June 20, 1935

'NEWTON (Swalwell).- In Loving memory of my dear wife, Emily, died June 20th, 1934.  It's hard when He calls one or the other.  But hardest of all when He calls for a mother.  Sadly missed by her husband and family.'

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 30 September 18 16:28 BST (UK) »
Evening Chronicle - Tuesday, March 15 1932

'HARDY.- Gateshead (52?) Walton Street, March 13th, aged 5 years, May, beloved daughter of Annie and the late John Hardy.  Interment Garden House Cemetery Thursday 3.15 leaving residence 2 p.m.  Friends please accept this intimation.

Evening Chronicle - March Monday 13, 1933

'Hardy.- In loving memory of my dear daughter May, who was accidentally killed March 13th 1932.  Ever remembered by her loving mother, brother Jack and Robert.'

Evening Chronicle - Monday, March 14 1932

'GATESHEAD CHILD'S DEATH
Mary (sic) Hardy (5), of Walton Street, Gateshead, died in Newcastle Infirmary to-day from injuries to the head caused by having been knocked to the ground by a motor in Askew Road, Gateshead, on Friday.'

I think the newspaper was incorrect about the date of death as 14th as notices all record the 13th.

Well, I have managed to get this all typed up today after all without running out of charge. :)

Amazing, as you say what can lead on from another memoriam (Robert's) - this is why I always try to look for memoriam s these days along with death notices. :)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 30 September 18 16:57 BST (UK) »
Such a sad accident.
Thanks for all your time and efforts on my behalf RTL.

Boo