Author Topic: Census, 2 places at once??  (Read 1823 times)

Offline panished

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Census, 2 places at once??
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 09 October 18 20:03 BST (UK) »
Thank you all for the information, sorry for late reply... I believe this 1911 Census to have a great number of Wiltshire I have been researching, I find many of them all in other places tho, which had me a bit confused, thank you for clearing up.

Civil parish
Chesterfield

Search Photos
Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England

County/Island
Derbyshire

Country
England

Street Address
Fair Ground Brampton Chesterfield

Registration district
Chesterfield

Registration District Number

district
Chesterfield
ED, institution, or vessel

Piece

Household Members
Name
Name
Sarah Smith
Age 28

Name
Florence Ann Woodward
Age 15

Name
Selina Woodward
Age 12

Name
Joseph Wiltshire
Age 69

Name
Ryah Wiltshire
Age 60

Name
Joseph Wiltshire
Age 42

Name
Joseph Wiltshire
Age 26

Name
Tom Wiltshire
Age 40

Name
Fred Wiltshire
Age 38

Name
Frank Wiltshire
Age 36

Name
Henry Wiltshire
Age 34

Name
Jim Wiltshire
Age 32

Name
Billy Wiltshire
Age 30

Name
Walter Wiltshire
Age 28

Name
Henry Wiltshire
Age 26

Name
Emma Wiltshire
Age 24

Name
William Smith
Age 26

Name
Madaline Smith
Age 29

Name
Maren Smith

Name
John Smith

Name
Leanor Smith

Name
Spencer Smith

I used to visit  Ria with my Mother, i will never forget her eyes, she could look straight into you, i always thought the name Ria came from the name Mariah, my Mothers Grandmother was Maria on the Census but her real name was not on any records, and is Mariah, then Maria's Daughter was Rebbecca who had a Daughter named Ria, this would be about one generation after the census above so now i think the name Ria must of came down from the Name Ryah Wiltshire Age 60 on the census above that you put on and not short for Mariah that i only thought could be an answer, but there could be an Evan older Mariah, Ria, Ryah is a lovely name though, there was a Percy to in Nottingham who died in the 1980s i think, do you know who was his Father, Sue showed me once a census from the 1800s with an older Percy on, i lost everything She found, the Percy from Nottingham was a Wiltshire to, i think he came out of one of the many Family's that came down from Yorkshire over many yeares, but i do not know for sure, through past down talk they are all related to the Smiths, and some other Gipsy Familys i evan thought maybe they may have came out of the Smiths in some way, long ago, but i do not know such things, all Gipsy Familys disend from one of the older Romany Gipsy Familys, i have read records of my Mothers Relations, it is wrote by the police that they traveled in caravans of bright colours, i offten laugh to myself that they are always up to something and often fighting, but then along they come in bright caravans, like no one would notice them, such contradictions, a person would be a fool to believe totally in records, they all had a very fond habit of telling lies, truthfully no matter how you try you will never work them out, my Mother told me only the Women new the real truth, they was very very wild, of course when you settle down a bit you may go a bit soft but this is just the way of it, nothing lasts forever, thank you for putting your findings on i have learned from them.

Offline skyshot1990

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Census, 2 places at once??
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 09 October 18 21:42 BST (UK) »
"there was a Percy to in Nottingham who died in the 1980s i think, do you know who was his Father, Sue showed me once a census from the 1800s with an older Percy on, i lost everything She found, the Percy from Nottingham was a Wiltshire to, i think he came out of one of the many Family's that came down from Yorkshire over many yeares, but i do not know for sure, through past down talk they are all related to the Smiths, and some other Gipsy Familys i evan thought maybe they may have came out of the Smiths in some way, long ago, but i do not know such things, all Gipsy Familys disend from one of the older Romany Gipsy Familys, i have read records of my Mothers Relations, it is wrote by the police that they traveled in caravans of bright colours, i offten laugh to myself that they are always up to something and often fighting, but then along they come in bright caravans, like no one would notice them, such contradictions, a person would be a fool to believe totally in records, they all had a very fond habit of telling lies, truthfully no matter how you try you will never work them out, my Mother told me only the Women new the real truth, they was very very wild, of course when you settle down a bit you may go a bit soft but this is just the way of it, nothing lasts forever, thank you for putting your findings on i have learned from them."

I have not seen a Percy yet, there are a lot of dead ends on one side of the Wilsher/Wiltshire/Wilshaw tree, it just seems to die... If I see any one of that name I will post. The smith family seems to inter marry with the Wilsher/Wiltshire/Wilshaw lines.
The father to the rest of them, one Edward Wilsher 1760 married a Letitia Smith 1760. I am unsure if Letitia Smith is a romany tho.