Author Topic: Two Marriage Look Up Requests for Northumberland Archives - Conroy & Senior  (Read 1015 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Two Marriage Look Up Requests for Northumberland Archives - Conroy & Senior
« on: Saturday 29 September 18 11:05 BST (UK) »
If anyone is going to the Northumberland Archives at any time I was wondering if you might have time to look up two marriages for me?

The first one is for Margaret Conroy who married Ralph Stephenson at Bothal, St Andrew on 3 September 1894. 

The other is for James William Senior.  I have mentioned this on a previous post but it seems no one has had time since then.  So having another try with the above marriage for Margaret.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=798677.0

Even if anyone just has time to look up one of these marriages I will be most grateful.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Brentor boy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Two Marriage Look Up Requests for Northumberland Archives - Conroy & Senior
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 September 18 11:14 BST (UK) »
Have you seen details of the Stephenson/Conroy marriage on Free Reg?

What further details were you hoping to find?

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 29 September 18 11:24 BST (UK) »
Yes, this is where I found the record.  I was hoping for all details which might be on the record.  I am the type of person who likes to have all details and not just the basics.  I often find that you can find out much more if you search out all the details.

I practice what I preach :) by the way because I have looked up countless marriages for others - recording all details.  So I would really, really appreciate this if anyone has the time. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 29 September 18 11:48 BST (UK) »
Sorry, I have made a mistake.  If I had clicked on a button on FreeReg I would have been able to see most of the details of Margaret's marriage. :-[  I would still be interested to know who her witnesses were if any one has time to look this up.  I am interested in this family as these are ancestors in my tree and I do volunteer war research and I am currently also trying to research her brother Edward who was killed in the Great War. 

Offline c-side

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • The 'three' now have a cousin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 30 September 18 07:40 BST (UK) »
Give me till Wednesday and I'll check them out for you  :)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 30 September 18 12:34 BST (UK) »
Oh, that would be fantastic Christine!  Thank you so much, for your kind offer of help.  I really appreciate your kindness. :D

Offline c-side

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 30 September 18 23:05 BST (UK) »
No problem.  I know I offered to look up the Newcastle one back in August but then I went on holiday and last week was my first visit to Woodhorn after my return.  By then I'd forgotten - I'm very good at forgetting!

Anyway - they are now written in my notebook which I will hopefully remember to take with me  ;D

Christine

Offline c-side

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 03 October 18 21:38 BST (UK) »
Here are your marriages -

Bothal, after banns, 3 September 1894

Ralph Stephenson, age 27, bachelor, Pitman of Pegswood. Father George Stephenson, Pitman
Margaret Conroy, age 22. Spinster of Pegswood. Father Edward Conroy, Pitman
Witnesses: James Atkin and Harriet Robinson
All signed their names

St. Philip, Elswick, after banns, 26 April 1903

James William Senior, age 29, bachelor, Guard of 4 Derby Street. Father James Senior, Machinist
Elizabeth Jane Brazendale, age 23, spinster of 4 Derby Street. Father William Brazendale, Engineer
Witnesses: William Brazendale and Dorothy Brazendale
All signed their names

Christine

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 04 October 18 09:38 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for looking up these records Christine.  Once again, I really appreciate your help.

I don't recognise either of the witnesses names in Margaret's record so I think these people were probably friends rather than family members.

My Grandfather's Father and his brothers all seemed to have been connected with the railways so I presume my Great Uncle James William Senior must have been a railway guard.

I am so pleased to have this information now to add to my family records. :D

Many thanks, Christine.