Author Topic: Edward Bond b.11 oct. 1580  (Read 2099 times)

Offline ggrocott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I will find them eventually!
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Bond b.11 oct. 1580
« Reply #9 on: Monday 28 January 19 16:11 GMT (UK) »
No, I don't I think I may have to get it!
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Tagg, Bowyer (Berkshire/Surrey), Adams, Small, Pratt, Coles, Stevens, Cox (Bucks), Grocott, Slater, Dean, Hill (Staffs/Shropshire), Holloway, Flint, Warrington,Turnbull (London), Montague, Barrett (Herts), Hayward (Kent), Gallon, Knight, Ede, Tribe, Bunn, Northeast, Nicholds (Sussex) Penduck, Pinnell, Yeeles (Gloucs), Johns (Monmouth and Devon), Head (Bath), Tedbury, Bowyer (Somerset), Chapman, Barrett (Herts/Essex)

Online arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 28 January 19 16:23 GMT (UK) »
How did you make the connection between the Lacock Bond's and the Northamptonshire Bonds  :-\

I'd also want to query the apparent connection with Cornwall, Dorset, Lincolnshire and Leicestershire. Some families moved around or had interests more widely than we imagine, but you need pretty strong documentary evidence to set out a line like that.

And if it's meant to be a direct line of descent, I'd also query that two of the males became fathers at about age 15, and one at about age 16. Again, not impossible, but something I'd want good evidence for.
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 28 January 19 17:24 GMT (UK) »
I can see Edwards baptism in 1580 - father Walter Bond on the PR's but that register only goes back to 1559. 
Familysearch indicates that registers are available back to 1539
https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/300889?availability=Family%20History%20Library

Offline FrancisBond

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 28 January 19 22:00 GMT (UK) »
I found the connection in a document I pulled off the web.  You can look up the descendants of Robert Richard Bond and Elizabeth De Earth  ( https://www.geni.com/people/Robert-Bond/6000000005597639296?through=6000000005597667089 )  follow the birth places.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 29 January 19 09:07 GMT (UK) »
There is no evidence on that site as to where the information has come from,  I would be very wary of that tree.  You really need to confirm the baptism of Walter (in Lacock) before proceeding any further backwards and establish if he had any other children

Offline FrancisBond

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 29 January 19 12:39 GMT (UK) »
Good advice  Thanks.