Author Topic: ancestryDNA​ new (at least, to me) features  (Read 8398 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: ancestryDNA​ new (at least, to me) features
« Reply #81 on: Monday 19 November 18 14:33 GMT (UK) »
 Re the new feature that identifies unlinked trees. This can be very useful but many of them are like the one shown below - sometimes just one, sometimes maybe up to 10, all private.  Could Ancestry not do some kind of search of the tree too see if any names are mentioned - e.g.

if name = private, don't show

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: ancestryDNA​ new (at least, to me) features
« Reply #82 on: Monday 19 November 18 15:03 GMT (UK) »
"Could Ancestry not do some kind of search of the tree too see if any names are mentioned - e.g. if name = private, don't show"

The tree itself is likely to have surnames and places, ancestry privatises them as they are still living. They will show up in surname/place search, so to exclude them could be unfavourable.

I know your frustration, though.

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go