Author Topic: Problem with Googlegroups forum  (Read 510 times)

Offline Melbell

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Problem with Googlegroups forum
« on: Wednesday 03 October 18 10:39 BST (UK) »
Hello

I belong to a Googlegroups forum (nothing to do with FH) and have a very annoying problem.  I can read all the posts which other members of the group submit and can post stuff myself - but I cannot see my own posts in the group inbox.  It's really annoying and I've asked help from the moderator and other members.  I've also looked in Google Help and on their forum but the consensus seems to be that this is a silly Google glich which cannot be fixed. Any 'answers' posted there are completely unintelligible to me anyway.

By the way, I use gmail and Google Chrome.

Any advice please, or is this something I've just got to put up with?

Melbell

Online LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with Googlegroups forum
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 03 October 18 11:44 BST (UK) »
Seems weird, imagine posting as you have done on here and then not being able to see it.

Can the other people in the group see their own messages, if not then it's obviously a Google problem, if they can then it maybe it's Google Chrome causing the problem.

Offline Melbell

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with Googlegroups forum
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 03 October 18 16:05 BST (UK) »
Yes they can.

I have decided that I will just live with it unless anyone comes up with a simple fix which I can understand how to implement.  It's just very annoying.  I can see the posts in my Sent box so I know they have been posted. I don't want to switch from Google Chrome just for this.

Melbell