Author Topic: JOSEPH GREEN  (Read 1025 times)

Offline gracol

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
JOSEPH GREEN
« on: Wednesday 03 October 18 20:04 BST (UK) »
He was born in 1809 in West Hanningfield ,his parents being William and Elizabeth.
I cannot find any further record of him,and do wonder if he emigrated although again I cannot find anything to substantiate this.
Would appreciate any help on this.
Green family ,West Hanningfield and Writtle,Essex, 1700-1900,plus other Essex areas and later dates.Collins,Dobbs,Terry,Betts,Hucknall etc,Nottinghamshire.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: JOSEPH GREEN
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 03 October 18 20:08 BST (UK) »
I cannot find any further record of him,and do wonder if he emigrated

Or died before 1837 perhaps?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 04 October 18 11:45 BST (UK) »
I note there were 3 Joseph’s born Essex 1808/09 and several possible marriages, such as 
Joseph Green to Catherine Bearman 15/04/1830 East Hanningfield, Essex.
There are also possible deaths for Joseph in the County.

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline gracol

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 04 October 18 20:52 BST (UK) »
Very many thanks for your replies.
I know he was alive in 1834 as he inherited under a relatives will (West Hanningfield Court Books).
That is interesting the marriage to Catherine Bearman,could not seem to find it,his great grandfather married a Bearman,( Have a thread on Rootschat--"R Martyr Armour True").
Should be able now to find more on a Joseph and Catherine Green.
Thanks again.
Colin
Green family ,West Hanningfield and Writtle,Essex, 1700-1900,plus other Essex areas and later dates.Collins,Dobbs,Terry,Betts,Hucknall etc,Nottinghamshire.

Offline gracol

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 05 October 18 20:29 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately the Joseph and Catherine Green marriage in 1830 does not appear to be the one.
They had children in 1830 and 1834 but Joseph died in 1834,recorded age 34,so born in 1800,my Joseph born 1809.
Think I have now drawn a blank !

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 06 October 18 01:52 BST (UK) »

"I know he was alive in 1834 as he inherited under a relatives will (West Hanningfield Court Books)."

You know that he received the benefit described in the Will, or..........he is named as a beneficiary?

When was the Will written?. What did he inherit......property.........money..........personal effects?

Was he one of several beneficiaries named, or.......would he seem to have been favoured?

Offline gracol

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 06 October 18 20:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply wivenhoe.
His fathers ( William Green) will was proved 2 Feb 1823,his eldest son William inheriting property.
A sum of money was to be divided between the surviving children when the youngest became 21.
The West Hanningfield Court Records 26 May 1834 indicate there were six surviving children ,which ties up with my findings,Joseph being one of them.
He received £38.10.11.
Colin.