Author Topic: Robert Jure  (Read 834 times)

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Robert Jure
« on: Friday 05 October 18 00:19 BST (UK) »
I'm hoping someone here can help with a puzzle regarding the Will of my ancestor John Warren (1580-1637) who died in Boughton  Aluph in 1637.

John Warren married Jane Webb in November 1626 in Boughton Aluph and died in 1637 leaving a Will dated 24 March 1633.

What puzzles me is the fact that in his Will John refers to "Thomas Jure my brother Jure his son" and appoints his "welbeloved wife and Robert Jure (my brother in law)" his sole executors. The question is who is this Robert Jure?

Given that Jane's surname was Webb I'm assuming Robert Jure was John's brother in law "by marriage" - ie married to his sister or to a sister of Jane.

John had one sister named Anne born in Boughton Aluph in 1583 and Jane may have had a half  sister named Elizabeth born in Boughton Aluph in 1592.

So far I haven't been able to find either a marriage for either Anne or Elizabeth to a Robert Jure, or any sign of a Robert Jure marrying in the Boughton Aluph area.

Is anyone able to double check this for me or provide any suggestions? I'm attaching an extract from the Registered Copy of John's Will to help. In this extract John's wife is down as "Joane" however I think this is just a transcription error as "Jane" might well have looked like "Jone" on the original Will and been written down as "Joane" in error. Her name is confirmed as Jane in her second marriage to Robert Jackson which took place by licence in 1638. In the licence she is called "Jane Warren of Boughton Aluph, widow of John Warren, late of same place, deceased."

Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Jure
« Reply #1 on: Friday 05 October 18 00:54 BST (UK) »
Hi

John had another sister Marye bapt. 14 May 1587 dau of Abraham. What happened to her ?

Claire
Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 05 October 18 01:04 BST (UK) »
Hi

John had another sister Marye bapt. 14 May 1587 dau of Abraham. What happened to her ?

Claire

Hi Claire

I didn't know about Marye so thanks for the info, I'll add her to the tree. Where was she christened?

Jane died in February 1589 and Abraham married Margaret Fuller in 1592 so there may be more children between 1592 and 1595 when Abraham died.

Thanks again
Matt

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 05 October 18 01:12 BST (UK) »

Mary was baptised in Boughton Aluph.

Look at the way ' Joane' is written in the Will and 'Jure' - those 'J's are different.

Wonder if it's something other than Jure - I'm trying to find a Jure, but not having much luck at all.

Claire

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 05 October 18 01:31 BST (UK) »
Hi

From an abstract of a Will of Thomas WARREN of Boughton Aluph in 1613 , Mary Warren dau of Abraham and John son of Abraham both get a mention, nothing on Anne

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 05 October 18 16:09 BST (UK) »
Hi

From an abstract of a Will of Thomas WARREN of Boughton Aluph in 1613 , Mary Warren dau of Abraham and John son of Abraham both get a mention, nothing on Anne

Hi Claire

I've got that abstract as well. Thomas looks to be the brother of Abraham who was John Warren's father although I can't find a christening for either of them yet.

Abraham's wife Joan died in 1589 [buried 3 February 1589] and it looks like Abraham married for a second time in 1592, this time Margaret Fuller [married on 24 May 1592] so there may be more children.

I'm trying to work out when Abraham and Joan might have been born to see if I can go back another generation on either line. There is a Will for a William Warren in 1546 which I think is worth investigating, plus a Will for Thomas Austen in 1566 which also might be worth looking at too.

Matt