Author Topic: finding biological father  (Read 1446 times)

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: finding biological father
« Reply #9 on: Friday 05 October 18 10:37 BST (UK) »
I have done the shared matches and ohn does not match ann,s mother ann,s mother has a lot of shared matches and ann,s mothers tree also is big john doe not match her mother but matches other cousins who does not match ann,s mother that is why im confident john is related to ann,s fathers side as he shares DNA with ann,s cousins who do not match ann,s mother

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 05 October 18 10:48 BST (UK) »
I have done the shared matches and ohn does not match ann,s mother ann,s mother has a lot of shared matches and ann,s mothers tree also is big john doe not match her mother but matches other cousins who does not match ann,s mother that is why im confident john is related to ann,s fathers side as he shares DNA with ann,s cousins who do not match ann,s mother

That seems like the way I was able to identify the discrete group - shared matches, then check each of them for shared matches, etc. A bit like snowball sampling  :)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline oldhippyone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 05 October 18 10:51 BST (UK) »
yes I have done all that most have no trees and others don't answer messages and mot are 4th to distant cousins