Author Topic: Mge Ipswich 1844 Ann WARNE to James HAGGIS  (Read 1796 times)

Offline CarolynWinterburn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Mge Ipswich 1844 Ann WARNE to James HAGGIS
« on: Sunday 07 October 18 13:24 BST (UK) »
I am hoping to find the parents of Ann to prove she is directly liked to my family. If it is possible that anyone has any info on this marriage to find her Father's name I would be grateful.
Thanks
Flint Norfolk, Ward Suffolk, Stanton Norfolk, Hunter Norfolk, Winterburn Middlesex, Bowles Norfolk, Boote Staffs, Bossons Cheshire.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Mge Ipswich 1844 Ann WARNE to James HAGGIS
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 October 18 14:32 BST (UK) »
I think for a marriage in 1844 you are probably going to have to buy the certificate.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 October 18 15:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks, you're probably right. If it was a PDF I would take a chance but nearly 10 pounds is a lot. I was hoping someone has them in their tree.
Flint Norfolk, Ward Suffolk, Stanton Norfolk, Hunter Norfolk, Winterburn Middlesex, Bowles Norfolk, Boote Staffs, Bossons Cheshire.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 07 October 18 16:58 BST (UK) »
Hi I would presume you know, Ann Haggis nee Warne on 1851 census is aged 27 b Ipswich, have you looked for her baptism?
Census ref HO1071779/73/2
Keyboard86

EDIT In 1841 Ann WARN aged 15 is with an Ann Warn aged 60 in Ipswich.
Census ref HO107/1043/ 4/38 / 31
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 08 October 18 09:53 BST (UK) »
Hi, Yes the 1841 census is where I found her. the other Ann Warne is my 4xGrandmother but I can't find any birth in 1826 for Ann. She must be related. The parish records for Ipswich are not well transcribed.
Ann was married to Barzallai Warne, which has been transcribed in many ways, and there was an Isabella Susan Warnes born in St Nicholas, Ipswich in 1824 to Ann and Barretts Warnes, who I cannot find after her birth, so it is possible that Isabella is Ann, but if she is why did she change her name. I am flummoxed.
I am thinking of joining the Suffolk family history Society to see if they have any Ipswich records.
Thanks for looking for me.

Offline Suffolk Mawther

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • William & Eliza Fulker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 08 October 18 10:52 BST (UK) »
I am thinking of joining the Suffolk family history Society to see if they have any Ipswich records

Hi Carolyn, as an ex-committee member of SFHS I can tell you they do not hold records. If you go to their web site you will see what is available to buy on CD on their shop/publications page. They are arranged by Deanery.

SM
Every time I find an ancestor,
I have to find two more!

SUFFOLK - Pendle, Stygall, Pipe, Fruer, Bridges, Fisk, Bellamy, Sparham - all link to  Framlingham 
DERBY - Bridges and Frost (originally Framlingham/Parham)
NOTTINGHAM - Lambert & Selby
BERKSHIRE/then Hammersmith LDN - Fulker
LDN/MDX - Murray, Clancy, Broker, Hoskins, Marsden, Wilson, Sale

GGfather Michael Wilson born Cork, lived Fulham London - moved to Boston USA 1889, what happened next?

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 08 October 18 10:57 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the info. I thought they had searchable records like the Norfolk Society. I think I will have to get the marriage cert. to find out then. It is cheaper than buying the CD for a one person search