Author Topic: Evening Chronicle look- James Sinclair death notice  (Read 1715 times)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Evening Chronicle look- James Sinclair death notice
« Reply #9 on: Monday 08 October 18 16:11 BST (UK) »
Completely agree.  I initially had no way of knowing whether the person who submitted the entry had done so in error - particularly as all other births were registered as Sinclair.    It was only having found the amendment on 2 census entries I "twigged"   

As you say - it would have been much more helpful if he/she had put some sort of explanation for the amendment - particularly as only one child's birth was registered as Tinkler
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 11 October 18 14:05 BST (UK) »
It 'feels' right, but I can't document feelings, so I'll wait for the death record and then see what I need to do from there.

Just to finish this off.
Got the .pdf death record today - Its definitely the right man :-) so what I need to do from here is the little happy dance! (which, okay, does seem wrong upon receiving a death cert).

The burial record just had the workhouse address and (unlike others on the burial register) didn't state his 'usual' address. This made me think he twas likely to have been an inmate in the workhouse rather than a patient and the death would turn out to be registered by the workhouse officer.

But no, a sister's address is on the cert in the column for rank /profession along with his occupation, and a niece (daughter of a brother) registered the death. Both addresses were long standing ones for his siblings so that's James' final box ticked:-)

Though it also confirms that his wife who'd left him by 1901,  remarried bigamously in 1916 when she stated she was a widow.

Boo

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 11 October 18 18:58 BST (UK) »
That’s great news.  At least you have a wee bit of “scandal” in your FH.

Some years ago I thought I had found a bigamous marriage of a great aunt only to later discover her first husband had died of typhoid in the USA.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)