Author Topic: I found the reason --- for my Indecisive nature  (Read 738 times)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
I found the reason --- for my Indecisive nature
« on: Tuesday 09 October 18 13:37 BST (UK) »
Maybe ---

My hard work after all these years of trailing the branches of my tree is becoming very interesting and I have NOW to go and get a 'History degree' to enable me to move on..

Cos its a long time since I went to School.. and I have forgotten it all.

So

What I have been working on with my Scottish line has led me to the Height of the beautiful hills and valleys up there and the awful battles and skirmishes etc. that I NEED to re- discover and place in the appropriate settings.. for this Scottish clan of mine.. but .. Which Clan..... are we allowed to be part of more than one.. I have oodles of different... attachments..

Anyway - I was happily working my EDGARS   up there and they are an interesting bunch.. and yes I am as near to certain - that they link to my Penelope ... certs/ docs all the way down.
Then I am led to the Dundass and the Hamiltons which is a difficult line and for the first time it is because there is TOO much information - and I am going round in circles to check it... and then check it again - due to names - places and dates etc..   

I am NOT yet as set on this line.. I hardly dare sit down to it.. .. cos I know I need NOT to be disturbed...    I am reading the history as I go and it is so interesting.. but I cannot take it all in...

Yes it leads to James IV  - but dont ALL roads....     So am treading very carefully  with my Lady Hamiltons....

ANYWAY

I decided to take a break and look at someone a little less ---- spread around the net ---  and went on to my Maternals

for instance William Flude ........... Dunton Basset 1587 ish.. and tidy up his loose ends.

What a giggle then .. I found that this William and his family - and I HONESTLY had no idea... have connections to

Guess who  James IV   

crazy game this...... 

It seems my Paternals and Maternals were in battle / s of one sort or another --

So Mats on one side and Pats on the other  -- that is why I AM ME Xin.. wont make a decision

or maybe darent / Cannot   I am hiding in a cave .. under the stairs..

Sorry - I know I have got carried away with this.

But I found a wonderful story about William Fludes family and it set me off.

I thought by 'working' him today he would be your average FWK knitter or shoe maker or something... but NOPE .. ho hum

crazy

but exciting

xin