Author Topic: bolduc family  (Read 4868 times)

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: bolduc family
« Reply #27 on: Friday 09 November 18 18:05 GMT (UK) »
If you have any problems finding the records we have quoted, please let us know. Sometimes one needs to be a bit creative when searching through the Drouin Collection.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline huey1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 09 November 18 20:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Thanks for that great offer of assistance I'am sure I will need it as I will be attempting to find info on other branches of the family.

huey1

Offline huey1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: bolduc ,coulombe,doiron ,goulet families
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 24 February 19 01:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi all
I'am back looking for help once more for my wife's tree ,I have subscribed to Ancestry and have had lots of success in finding info even though the records are sometimes hard to read and there are lots of discrepencies with the many family trees but I am stopped in trying to find what happened to my wife's Grandfather Joseph Aime Elie Coulombe.
He was the son of Mederic Coulombe 1855-1903 and Catherine Duchesne 1856- ? Joseph was B 09Apr1883 M 12jul1909 to Ernestine Doiron B07Oct1883 Gaspe and he D03Sep1940 .I find him on the 1911 census age 28 with Ernestine and son Rosario 1909-1979 my wife father, living at 281 Amboise St Montreal . I have been unable to find him on the 1891,1901 or 1921 census.
one other odd thing is on the 1911 census at 283 Amboise is someone B1861 age 50 along with what looks like the brothers and sister of Elie I cant come up with any info on who this person would be ,thanks for any help

huey1

Online Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Old Powder House, 1703
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 24 February 19 01:58 GMT (UK) »
While pursuing someone in my own family tree, an individual named Lauretta Bolduc came up.  I did not investigate the Bolduc connection any further because it was entirely peripheral to my own interest.  However, I did find that Lauretta Bolduc was born 1928 in Maine.  Her parents were Adelard O. Bolduc [b. 1896, Beauceville, Quebec, Canada] and Angeline Deraps-Roux [b. abt 1902 in Maine].  Maybe these Bolducs connect to yours in some way.  See replies #9 and 10 in the following thread:

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=755450.0

Here is the marriage certificate of interest:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QSQ-G93H-39TJ-V?i=81&cc=1804002
Wiltshire:  Banks, Taylor
Somerset:  Duddridge, Richards, Barnard, Pillinger
Gloucestershire:  Barnard, Marsh, Crossman
Bristol:  Banks, Duddridge, Barnard
Down:  Ennis, McGee
Wicklow:  Chapman, Pepper
Wigtownshire:  Logan, Conning
Wisconsin:  Ennis, Chapman, Logan, Ware
Maine:  Ware, Mitchell, Tarr, Davis

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 24 February 19 13:55 GMT (UK) »
Lovell's Montreal Directory has a 1911-12 entry under Coulombe for a Mrs Cath widow Mederic at 283 St Ambroise and Elie can be found listed at number 281 the following year, his mother still next door. I think the address written in the 1911 census has been rather garbled by the enumerator.

The 1911 entry looks like Catherine Mm(?) to me.

The directory is free to use....

http://bibnum2.bnquebec.ca/bna/lovell/

PB

Edited to add: here is the family in 1901. Click on split view at the top to see the original image.

http://www.automatedgenealogy.com/census/View.jsp?id=43417&highlight=27&desc=1901+Census+of+Canada+page+containing+Mederique+Coulombe
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 24 February 19 14:40 GMT (UK) »
Continuing.....

Here is Elie and family in 1921, now at 345 St Ambroise. Last family on the page.

http://central.bac-lac.gc.ca/.item/?app=Census1921&op=img&id=e003112108

Looks like another child at the top of the next page.

http://central.bac-lac.gc.ca/.item/?app=Census1921&op=img&id=e003112109

PB

Offline huey1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 26 February 19 00:47 GMT (UK) »
Sorry for the delay in answering
Erato, thx for the info on Lauretta Bolduc so far no connection that I have come across ,there sure are lots of Bolduc's
polarbear Thx for the Lovell's info on Catherine ,when looking at the 1911 census again it does look like Catherine ,what threw me was that they have the gender as male and I have her birth or bap. as Apr1856 which would make her 55 not as Nov1861 age 50 ,I see they have made a correction on
Automatedgeneology  to read Catherine not Calvin
I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I still cant bring up the 1921 census page for Elie and family or the other page with the additional child.her name looks like  ???anne age 6
lots more digging to do

huey1

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 26 February 19 01:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi there...

Are the links I posted for the 1921 census not working for you?

I can't tell you how Ancestry might have the family indexed. I only found them by using the Lovell's Directory, address section, to find neighbors and eventually found them that way  :).

I think the little girl might be named Mignonne.

PB

Offline huey1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 26 February 19 01:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi
That's the strange thing the links work fine so I can see the info that you posted but unable bring the page up when opening the census page on my own to search .I hvent had any problems at any other time I have searched for other info so I don't know what I am doing any different

huey1