Author Topic: Please help restore photo of Gordon and Ethel McKay and two of their children  (Read 944 times)

Offline iforani

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
This is a photo of my grandparents, Gordon McKay and Ethel Dixon with two of their children, presumably the eldest two, taken circa 1918-1919 in Sydney, NSW. These two children were siblings of my father, Dudley McKay. I attached the photographer details as well but can remove this border if it makes it easier to tidy up the photo. Thanks so much. Your repairs are always highly valued by myself and my family.  :) Deb
McKay (Kildare, Ireland), Aldred (Manchester), Smith, Cooper (Kent), Howlett, Bodill, Atkins (Northamptonshire), Smart (UK, Africa), Brown, Bryant, Dixon, Walton

Offline hoobaloo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Please help restore photo of Gordon and Ethel McKay and two of their children
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 11 October 18 14:43 BST (UK) »
A clean from me, I see the photographer appears to have added the date year and his name on the picture, love the boots, regards, John.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Please help restore photo of Gordon and Ethel McKay and two of their children
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 11 October 18 14:48 BST (UK) »
One from me too.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 11 October 18 16:13 BST (UK) »
 A lovely family group.

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 11 October 18 19:40 BST (UK) »
One from me
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 12 October 18 10:05 BST (UK) »
I tried it with a vignette.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline iforani

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 13 October 18 07:10 BST (UK) »
 :D :D :D ;D ;D Thank you so much. Rootschat's restores never disappoint. Do I have the permission to repost these restores for my sisters and my cousins? All of the children of Gordon and Ethel are now deceased, most lived into their nineties, including my father and had rich lives.
Thank you John, what a lovely restore, enhancing the vibrancy of the photo and thank you so much for dating this (1919) a detail that I had missed, an important detail as this confirms that these two children were the eldest two, John Lambert McKay and Ethel McKay (Tot). Great work! I love the way you have restored the chair too! Carol, as ever your work is just beautiful. I especially like the way you have restored my grandmother's face as well as the two children. It was a shame that the photo was marked; she was a lovely gentle woman I have heard, who was adored by all of her children and grandchildren as well as extended family. Thank you for restoring her gentle face. My grandparents used to have lovely parties and family were invited; they used to play Santa Claus to people who had poorer circumstances and their house was always open to visitors for meals, my Dad recalling that Nana would just add more to the pot of stew! Gadget, you have done a great job with these two restores, thank you so much. What a wonderful job you have done to my grandfather especially. The clothes look much better and more real. I love the vignette, frames the photo so well and gives the family a soft glow, lovely! It is beautiful of each of them. Pat, a big thank you to you as well for giving us another dimension of our grandparents and my uncle and aunt. Your restore is close to the original and you have removed all the damage to the photo, this is  much appreciated. My grandparents were born in the Blayney/Hobbys Yard area but moved to Sydney. Yes, John, they were country people (boots). Thank you everyone for these beautiful restores, so much appreciated and as ever, cherished and will be shared with your permission? The bottom corners of the photo were messy. Thank you all for tidying these up and highlighting the flowers etc.  :) Deb
McKay (Kildare, Ireland), Aldred (Manchester), Smith, Cooper (Kent), Howlett, Bodill, Atkins (Northamptonshire), Smart (UK, Africa), Brown, Bryant, Dixon, Walton