Author Topic: South Africa: Natal: Death Records? Henry K. Osborn (b1853)  (Read 524 times)

Offline JohnG_Swansea

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
South Africa: Natal: Death Records? Henry K. Osborn (b1853)
« on: Friday 12 October 18 23:44 BST (UK) »
Hello Readers

I have been made aware, by other Rootschat users, that FamilySearch(dot)org are holding a considerable quantity of South Africa formal documents which they appear to be somewhat behindhand in connecting to their "Search Facility".

I have previously been pointed toward a number of catalogue URL links which have proven to be very useful in tracing individual documents.

On this occasion I am particularly looking for a Death Notice for a Henry Kennett Osborn (b: 1853, Cork, Ireland) for whom I have already found a burial notice on page 46 of the Parish Records of All Saints Church, Ladysmith, which shows the date of death as 19 June 1941.

Have any readers knowledge if formal Death Notices for the Ladysmith, Natal district, including the year 1941 might be available for inspection and if so what its catalogue URL might be?

JohnG_Swansea.
Your National Flag/ Ensign can be added to the left-hand side of every post by using your Profile Settings
Base Project: Benjamin D. POPE, (Railway Constructor, Natal) b: 1853 Stretham, Ely, d: 1928 Bath, Som't
Current Project(2018): Cox, Somerset >>> Osborn, Natal >>> Broughton, Canada >>> three Daughters, Natal. Resolved in the Canada Forum another success for Rootschat.

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: South Africa: Natal: Death Records? Henry K. Osborn (b1853)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 October 18 04:52 BST (UK) »
An easy one as it had already been indexed ...
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QPC6-HKD9

Offline JohnG_Swansea

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: South Africa: Natal: Death Records? Henry K. Osborn (b1853)
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 13 October 18 19:10 BST (UK) »
Thank you TreeSprit.

I have to admit that's a first!

When I had been conducting my searches, I had been including his place of birth as Cork, Ireland; and the result was a single hit, being the UK census of 1881, Newport, Monmouthshire, which is the census that slipped through with an 'official'(?) transcription error showing his given names as Robert Kenneth, when all other paperwork in 'official' records from his baptism to his death, including many documents relating to his and his wife's off-spring, show his given names correctly as Henry Kennett.

Then by removing his date and place of birth from the 'search' parameters, there it was, providing links to a number of associated probate documents.

Thank you again.

JohnG_Swansea.
Your National Flag/ Ensign can be added to the left-hand side of every post by using your Profile Settings
Base Project: Benjamin D. POPE, (Railway Constructor, Natal) b: 1853 Stretham, Ely, d: 1928 Bath, Som't
Current Project(2018): Cox, Somerset >>> Osborn, Natal >>> Broughton, Canada >>> three Daughters, Natal. Resolved in the Canada Forum another success for Rootschat.