Author Topic: Susannah Whitaker nee Stowell  (Read 748 times)

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Susannah Whitaker nee Stowell
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 13 October 18 20:44 BST (UK) »
Susannah is one of my distant relatives: according to the data on Wharfegen her 3x great grandparents were William Stow and Ann Laycock. (There was some fluidity between the Stow and Stowell variants.)

William and Ann are my 7x great grandparents. As you go back there are quite a few areas of uncertainty, but I'm working on it....
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline lengramar

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 13 October 18 21:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Thanks for the info - Susannah is also a distant relative of mine, and I am not familiar with that side of my family so I'm trying to gather all information that I can.

Regards

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 13 October 18 23:22 BST (UK) »
You may want to take a look at this 1871 entry.  The children match the 1861 entry but Susannah's age is out.  There is no other match in 1861 for the children

RG10 Piece 4302 Folio 111 Page 10
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 13 October 18 23:37 BST (UK) »
Ann Whitaker married William Oldfield in Dec 1871.  Daughter Emily b 1872 and Ann died Leeds Dec 1879 aged 33

William & Emily are living with her brother Thomas in 1881
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline lengramar

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 14 October 18 06:25 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Many thanks for the info and I appreciate your help.

Regards

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 14 October 18 10:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Thanks for the info - Susannah is also a distant relative of mine, and I am not familiar with that side of my family so I'm trying to gather all information that I can.

You're welcome to take a look at an outline of my Stow research on my website at https://sites.rootsweb.com/~arthurk/index.htm

Having worked out where Susannah fits into my family, I'd be interested to know more about your connection. All insights into the Stow family gratefully received!
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk