Author Topic: Smiths please help link these different families that are both dna connected  (Read 1785 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Smiths please help link these different families that are both dna connected
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 09:46 BST (UK) »
Hopefully Rhonda will resolve it all before the weekend, and fingers crossed let us all know online rather than by PM

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline iforani

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Smiths please help link these different families that are both dna connected
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 18 October 18 00:53 BST (UK) »
Thanks, JM, I understand why you asked me to do this.  It can save time without replicating information and previous research that dedicated rootschatters have done but some of the previous information that I added has been discounted by the dna tests (such as the possibility that William Smith may have been born at Drayton and the son of William/Thomas Charrington and Matilda (no dna links to that family. ):) :) :) Deb
McKay (Kildare, Ireland), Aldred (Manchester), Smith, Cooper (Kent), Howlett, Bodill, Atkins (Northamptonshire), Smart (UK, Africa), Brown, Bryant, Dixon, Walton

Offline Rhonda May

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 19 October 18 07:31 BST (UK) »
Hopefully Rhonda will resolve it all before the weekend, and fingers crossed let us all know online rather than by PM

JM

I got side-tracked by Muriel Annie aka STANLEY before Judith posted a link in Reply #6 that I had not seen before.  I have been away for two days and am still to get my head around the SMITHs named in that thread and those named in this thread. 

Rhonda

Offline hurworth

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 19 October 18 09:56 BST (UK) »
Have you uploaded your mother's DNA to as many databases/companies as possible?  Which company did she test with?

Offline iforani

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 19 October 18 11:04 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Rhonda, I don't expect you to rush into doing this research. I do appreciate all that you do and all that rootschat researchers do and understand that it is done in your own time. No pressure. It would be great to know who Muriel Annie's parents were (supposedly Eliza Emma Cooper and William Charles Smith) with dna results revealing that her parents were definitely in the (2) Smith families and Cooper family....but to avoid confusion in this thread we should probably focus on William Smith and who his parents were?
As mentioned previously, William Charles/Peter Smith's documents (his marriage and his children's bc's) indicate that he was born in Brisbane and this was backed up by an early anecdote from my mother who said that he had lived at Petrie Terrace, Brisbane when he was young.
Hurworth, I had Mum's dna tested with ancestry.com.au. I have uploaded her dna to a global database but I haven't yet discovered how to interpret this. I must explore this option further, thanks!! will focus on this on the weekend and contact my cousin who is quite proficient with interpreting dna data.
Thanks!
McKay (Kildare, Ireland), Aldred (Manchester), Smith, Cooper (Kent), Howlett, Bodill, Atkins (Northamptonshire), Smart (UK, Africa), Brown, Bryant, Dixon, Walton