Author Topic: Andreas /Andrew Taylor of Preston and his children: 16th century.  (Read 358 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Andreas /Andrew Taylor of Preston and his children: 16th century.
« on: Sunday 14 October 18 13:07 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find information about the above person and his children who are probably my ancestors.

Vol Xll of Historical Southern Families by John Bennett Boddie and Mrs Boddie,1968, refers to Andreas/Andrew's children - Lewis Taylor (circa 1550-1623 and who I have info on in Shropshire*), Richard Taylor, schoolmaster of Preston, Lancs, and Jane Taylor, who married Thomas Mytton in Preston in 1613.

I have looked for various records but so far can't find anything convincing online. I'm also thinking that the authors might have been confused about which Preston it was as there was one in Shropshire.  I've found some Andrew/Andreas but  the dates are later.

The book (which I have a copy of)  seems to have been well research but there are no refs to the source of this particular piece of information.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=794999.0

I'd be grateful for anything that might help to substantiate or disprove the information given in the book.

Thank you.

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Andreas /Andrew Taylor of Preston and his children: 16th century.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 14 October 18 22:52 BST (UK) »
additional info~

I did find a marriage for a Thomas Mitton in Preston in February 1611/12 but that was to a Jennetta Carter.  :-\

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 October 18 02:48 BST (UK) »
There's also Long Preston in Yorkshire, near border with Lancashire. It was originally known as Preston.
Cowban

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 October 18 08:46 BST (UK) »
Thank you  for the thought but it did say 
Richard Taylor, schoolmaster of Preston, Lancs,
Was there a schoolmaster called  Richard Taylor in Preston in the 16 century?

The information was inserted in an excerpt from a Shropshire parish record  :-\

Added - there is a burial for a Richard Taylor in Preston, Lancs, in January 1614/5 but no way of knowing his profession