Author Topic: Thomas Sylvester Egan  (Read 2291 times)

Offline JacobEganClarke

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Sylvester Egan
« on: Monday 15 October 18 02:26 BST (UK) »
Hi! A newbie to this forum. Stumbled into this today.

Thomas Sylvester Egan Sr (who married Mary Fitzgerald) is my gggg grandfather, one of his sons, Eugene Egan (b: 1841) was my ggg grandfather and I have been spending considerable time of late to dig real deep in the Egan family line and I have been learning a lot of more things about Egan (More since the DNA results). Thomas S. Egan along with his brothers were born in Castlegregory, Ireland.

I learnt that Thomas S. Egan have two brothers, Michael and John Egan. I am not sure where Michael Egan went but John Egan who married Mary Farrell, had Thomas Egan (married Mary George Fitzgerald) their son, Eugene Egan emigrated to New Zealand - which both Eugene Egans has caused a lot of confusion until now... with more information at hand from distant cousins.

However, I am going to try something here, I am sure someone else may have MORE information in regards of the Egans. My Eugene Egans have four brothers and two sisters, the brothers are Thomas, Frank, George and Michael (b: 1838) - Michael T. Egan's children emigrated to the US (have the contact to Egans there) - the sisters are Catherine and Mary Egan.  Michael T. Egan (b: 1838) and most likely Catherine (B: 1844) remained in Ireland until their respective deaths.

If anyone knows more finer details of the Egans as above, let me know!

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Sylvester Egan
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 October 18 07:20 BST (UK) »
Church Baptism, Marriage and Burial results for Egan  http://www.rootschat.com/links/01mv2/

From there you can Select Births etc  plus Century ((1600's) etc and decades plus Location and whatever Religion they were  from List on left.
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 October 18 07:25 BST (UK) »
Depending on Religion you can check for Marriages on Civil Reg here

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/civil-search.jsp  just use Surname and a time range to search if you don't know registration DISTRICT.

https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/civil-records/helpwhat-civil-records-are-on-line

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 October 18 07:35 BST (UK) »
If you learn how to research these then you can return at your leisure as and when new discoveries are made which is better for you as you can dedicate more time to researching.