Author Topic: Hindlip baptism ca 1809 for Frederick BATCHELOR  (Read 2264 times)

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hindlip baptism ca 1809 for Frederick BATCHELOR
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 06:31 BST (UK) »
It is possible that Frederick was born pre the family moving to the area but was raised there before the family presumably moved to London.   

Will check the BS if I go back at some point but the Malvern Family History Society have transcribed Worcestershire Parish Records https://mfhs.org.uk/projects-2/worcestershire-parish-records/  and they are available to search for free but you  need to join for details  http://www.rootschat.com/links/01mvd/   Using the free search I found Henry and Richard but no Frederick

Kay

Added - An online tree on Anc lists Henry Batchelor marrying Georgiana Heard on 5 Apr 1836 • Paddington (St James), Middlesex  and the Witnesses were Frederick BATCHELOR and  Mary Ann BATCHELOR    Henry  then married Eliza Wood 6 Jul 1845  Paddington (St James), Middlesex and his father is listed as William Batchelor - Shoemaker

Offline jeremiahb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 07:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much, Kay
I've found the family in London in 1841 census with parents and two sons, Gilbert Batchler   20 shoemaker, George Batchler 15. Baptism for Gilbert, resident St Marylebone: Birth Date:26 Oct 1819
Baptism Date:   23 Aug 1824
Baptism Place:    St Marylebone ,St Marylebone,London,England
Father:   William Batchelor , cordwainer
Mother:   Elizabeth
which suggests they moved to London about 1820-24
Alan

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 07:12 BST (UK) »
Well found.   I did notice the bapt of Gilbert but failed to find him following the baptism

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 07:36 BST (UK) »
I think you are extremely lucky.  Someone has added postems from the St Mary le Bone Burial Register to FreeBMD for the William Batchelors who died between 1841-1851 in the Marylebone Reg District.   

There is a death for William in 1844 were the postem lists a William Batchelor burial on 10th November 1844 of Stephen Street aged 62 year.   I think your family was living there in 1841?

Kay

Offline jeremiahb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 10:20 BST (UK) »
Brilliant! Yes, That will be 'our' William BATCHELOR; he was living in Stephens (with a final 's') Street, St Marylebone,  in the 1841 census.
Alan

Offline jeremiahb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 20:29 BST (UK) »
Correction : the correct name was indeed 'Stephen Street', Marylebone (the census entry was incorrect). The street name was later changed to Shroton Street.
The 1836 marriage of Henry was witnessed by both his parents: Frederick and Mary Ann BATCHELOR, which really does 'tie the knot' on this whole family and make it certain the Frederick is a child of William and Elizabeth, in spite of the lack of baptismal proof.
Alan

Offline jeremiahb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 20:31 BST (UK) »
Another correction: Frederick and Mary Ann were of course not the parents of Henry but brother and sister-in-law.
Alan

Offline Kay99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 18 October 18 04:32 BST (UK) »
Correction : the correct name was indeed 'Stephen Street', Marylebone (the census entry was incorrect). The street name was later changed to Shroton Street.
The 1836 marriage of Henry was witnessed by both his parents: Frederick and Mary Ann BATCHELOR, which really does 'tie the knot' on this whole family and make it certain the Frederick is a child of William and Elizabeth, in spite of the lack of baptismal proof.
Alan

Yes I agree that the 1836 marriage ties the brother's and the whole family together (as the correction in your last post).  I love that the whole family moved to London together and the occupation of shoemaker also ties them in. 

Kay

Added -  I should also say that the Hive has an index of pre 1837 marriages. I checked it and couldn't see a marriage for a William Batchelor and Elizabeth that would fit the time frame

Offline jeremiahb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 19 October 18 04:21 BST (UK) »
And William's wife Elizabeth, of Stephen St,  was buried 2 Feb 1845, age 59, at St Mary le bone (burial register on Ancestry.com)
Alan