Author Topic: Burial place query  (Read 2326 times)

Offline cupcake

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My G Grandfather - Robert Johnstone Moffat
    • View Profile
Re: Burial place query
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 05:44 BST (UK) »
I suppose that is possible as the family were resident in Fairlight area prior to Annies death.

Have had a reply from Fairlight Church.

According to the records, an Annie Eliza* Mary Kidiman (later amended to Kidman), was buried at Fairlight on 14th October 1944 (*The writing is unclear – this name could be Eliza or Clara or Edna). The address is given as The Cove died Municipal Hospital Hastings aged 72 years. In the side column is written ‘double’.

The Cove was the local hotel/pub/restaurant. One of my colleagues wrote an article about The Cove and his research had a gap during the war years – namely we do not know who owned it or lived there at that time.

Secondly there is an entry for Coleman Hugh Kidman, buried 24th March 1951, aged 79. The address is 79 Eastern Avenue, Northampton. Again in the side column it says ‘Reopen Grave – full’. So presumably he was buried with his wife.

Also a look at our records suggests that there is no stone – but that is not definite as the records are incomplete.

ADD - Just a pity the records aren't complete regarding whether there is a headstone.

cupcake
Moffat- Mein - Titterington - Kidman

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 07:55 BST (UK) »
I am impressed that you got a quick answer.   It is also good that you have found that they are buried there together.  Thank you for letting me know.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cupcake

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 08:58 BST (UK) »
I am impressed that you got a quick answer.   It is also good that you have found that they are buried there together.  Thank you for letting me know.

You are most welcome.  I was impressed with their prompt reply giving me so much information. Just a shame I don't know whether there is a headstone.

Thanks to you giving me Annie's burial details, I have been able to confirm her and husband Coleman's burial place  :)

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 09:45 BST (UK) »
It may be worth while posting on a local board and asking if anyone lives near the burial ground and would be willing to kindly go and have a check for a grave stone. I have done it a few times for local, to me, graveyards and been able to send a photo.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline cupcake

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 09:53 BST (UK) »
It may be worth while posting on a local board and asking if anyone lives near the burial ground and would be willing to kindly go and have a check for a grave stone. I have done it a few times for local, to me, graveyards and been able to send a photo.

Yes, I had been thinking about that but, I don't have any other information to give them, other than they were buried there.

cupcake

Offline cupcake

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 27 October 18 06:58 BST (UK) »

Yes, I had been thinking about that but, I don't have any other information to give them, other than they were buried there.

cupcake

I have posted regarding a headstone in Fairlight Churchyard and a Rootschatter has kindly offered to look for me. It is appears to be a large cemetery and will take a few visits.

cupcake

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 31 October 18 11:46 GMT (UK) »
 ;)  best of luck.
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley