Author Topic: Library, Newcastle, Chronicle In Memoriam lookup  (Read 935 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Library, Newcastle, Chronicle In Memoriam lookup
« on: Monday 15 October 18 13:06 BST (UK) »
Just if/when ever anyone has time.
I have this lady's death announcement which is just about readable on the online Evening Chronicle, but there seems to be 2 In Memoriam notices that just defy my attempts to read them and I'd like to know which family members they mention if possible.

Newcastle Evening Chronicle, 01 Nov 1963, page 16, col 4, 2x notices for HENDERSON

I've checked the years ahead and there are others but I can read those, but one of these in 1963 seems to 'possibly' mention another family member.

Thanks

Boo

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Library, Newcastle, Chronicle In Memoriam lookup
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 October 18 08:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Boo,

This is just to let you know that if no one beats me to it I will look up the memoriams when I can next go to the library. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 16 October 18 11:21 BST (UK) »
Thanks RTL

No rush at all, I am fairly sure I know the names of all the children but if there's something in this notice that could confirm one I only have a registration for it would be useful.

Boo

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 16 October 18 13:48 BST (UK) »
Here are the memoriams Boo:

Evening Chronicle - Friday 1 November, 1963:

'HENDERSON 155, Milford. Leam Lane), Treasured memories of my dear wife, Mary Jane, died Nov.1 1962.  Always remembered, sadly missed by husband Jimmy, Mick, Emily, Clarry, all her grandchildren.'

HENDERSON 155, Milford. Lean Lane), In memory of our dear Mam, died Nov. 1, 1962.  Reunited with her loved ones.  Sadly missed by sons Joe, Freddie, Kathy, Ron.'

Note: First memoriam records 'Leam Lane' and the second 'Lean Lane - so two variations on spellings of same address.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 16 October 18 15:21 BST (UK) »
Many thanks RTL, I suspected there were more names on there than there were on later notices.

Its so frustrating that the BNA people seem to have been off the day they discussed 'quality control' ! Especially as they charge for access. I suspect they have scanned a lot of these pages from old microfilms rather than scanning them from an original paper.

Hey ho, at least it gives me a shot at identifying IF there was a notice and in which edition. Though I do feel peeved in the extreme that I pay for access and then still have to resort to bothering good folk who are so generous with their time and help so that I can find out what it says!

and Leam Lane is the right spelling but the Chronicle was never renowned for accuracy :-)

Thanks again

Boo

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 16 October 18 16:13 BST (UK) »
You are welcome Boo.  I am always happy to help out when in Newcastle - it is not a bother at all so just keep 'em coming if you need help. ;D

I had a feeling Leam Lane would be the correct one.