Author Topic: Fenlon Family from Wexford  (Read 4220 times)

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Fenlon Family from Wexford
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 18 October 18 06:50 BST (UK) »
And finally(?), here is a fascinating 1881 Tagoat baptism for Patrick Fenlon, an adult. But which Patrick?

Name:    Patrick Fenlon    
Date of Birth:    
Date of Baptism:    27-Jun-1881
Address:    Tagoat    
Parish/District:    TAGOAT
County    Co. Wexford
Denomination:    Roman Catholic
Father:    Patrick Fenlon    
Mother:    Not Recorded       
Sponsor 1 /Informant 1:    J. Lennon M. S. S
Sponsor 2 /Informant 2:    Not Recorded
Notes:
[M.KELLY M.S.S.]
THIS MAN WAS BAPTISED CONDITIONALLY AS IT WAS VERY DOUBTFUL WHETHER HE
WAS EVER  BAPTISED BEFORE.

NO BIRTH DATE RECORDED - THE MAN WAS AN ADULT WHEN BAPTISED
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 18 October 18 23:59 BST (UK) »
1889 Marriage of Elizabeth Fenlon (b. 1871) and Patrick Furlong.

Something was written above Patrick Fenlon's name which I couldn't decipher. Begins with letter "a". Alive?
Edit. I think it is "alive". A similar word was written above James Furlong's name, beginning with a larger letter "a". I was hoping it may have been something used to distiguish that Patrick Fenlon from others of the name in the parish.
Cowban

Offline GlendaFenlon

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 01 November 18 12:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi, just catching up. So with the baptism of Anastasia Fenlon  born of Patrick and Mary Carty Fenlon states Grahormack where one post says is in the civil Parish of Rossalare and misfiled in St. Margarets.  Also, my father in law, Michael Fenlon said Elizabeth was the youngest. Maybe a birth of Elizabeth would clear who her mother was? Im sure I have Mary Carty, but maybe this is important. I will look. Anyway Dad said eighteen children, two wives. Good luck. Glenda