Author Topic: Blackhill Cemetary, Consett  (Read 919 times)

Offline snowqueen

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Blackhill Cemetary, Consett
« on: Wednesday 17 October 18 19:42 BST (UK) »
If anyone has access to the monumental inscriptions in Blackhill Cemetary, Consett I would be very grateful for any information there may be on the names Bulmer and Stockton

Many thanks

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Blackhill Cemetary, Consett
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 October 18 23:40 BST (UK) »
I don't know of a source for MIs, but if you are looking for burials (rather than additional info from gravestones) then the Blackhill Cemetery records are online on Family Search if that's any help?

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01mp3/

Years ago Durham Cemeteries used to have links to .pdfs of burial listings  in various cemeteries, but they seem to have taken them down :-(.

When they were there, I downloaded the files and Blackhill was one of them. I don't think I'd be allowed to post them but I am sure I can do lookups - so I can see the following when I search the file for Bulmer :

Entry 1485 Sarah BULMER , wife of Richard, age 81, Place of death Leadgate, buried 02 July 1870

Entry 3259 Richard BULMER, gatekeeper, age 85, Place of death Thirsk (previously of Delves Lane), buried 10 Jul 1877

Entry 3698 Ann BULMER, wife of Joseph, age 33, Place of death Consett Terrace, buried 08 Aug 1879

Entry 6161 Sarah Ann BULMER, spinster, age 65 ,Place of death 11 Front St Consett, buried 14 Sept 1889

Entry 24803 Amos Bulmer STOCKTON, age 98, Place of death Villa Real Consett, buried 24 April 1952

Those should help you find the relevant images on Family Search.

If this is of use, then I'll look for more Stocktons tomorrow if you like

Boo

Offline snowqueen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 October 18 09:10 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Thank you so much for the burials, it is very much appreciated.  They are the ones I was looking for.  Thank you for offering to look for any Stocktons.

Lyn

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 18 October 18 10:07 BST (UK) »
Pleased it was of some help. These are the Stockton entries I can see in the file:

entry 704  STOCKTON, William, engineer, age 40, Place of death High Conside, buried15 Feb 1866

entry 12652, STOCKTON, Elizabeth, widow, age 85, Place of death 18 Delves Terrace, Consett, buried 11 Oct 1911

entry 17429, STOCKTON, Lizzie, wife of Amos B, age 72, Place of death 16 Henley Gdns, Consett, buried 04 May 1927

entry 24803, STOCKTON, Amos Bulmer, age 98, Place of death Villa Real, Consett, buried 24 Apr 1952

I'd also look on Family Search to find the original register entries, this is a link to let you see the first one  above for William Stockton:

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01mvm/

an original is way better than a transcription of a transcription :-)

Boo

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 18 October 18 11:14 BST (UK) »
Please note:

I fired off an email to Durham Bereavements Services to enquire if these files I have are still available and, if so, where I may find them on their site.

I am told that they removed the files from the website as there were many inconsistencies, but that they provide a search service (they currently quote £25 per search).

If anyone wants a look up in a Durham cemetery that I have a transcript of I'll happily do it which will help to find the entry number etc, but in light of what they say about inconsistencies  I would then recommend looking here:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=800454.0
to see if Family Search have the images online

Boo

Offline snowqueen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 18 October 18 19:45 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for the further burial entries, which are very much appreciated.  Again these were the people I was looking for so your help in finding them has been great.  I will do as you recommend and look at Family Search.  They were from Yorkshire so it was a surprise to find them buried in Durham

Thank you
Lyn

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 18 October 18 20:04 BST (UK) »
Really pleased it was of help, hopefully you can find the images on Family Search

Boo