Author Topic: Lendeman family moved from Germany to Lincolnshire  (Read 3011 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: Lendeman family moved from Germany to Lincolnshire
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 18 October 18 13:39 BST (UK) »
Sophia Lendeman remarried 17 May 1866 to Benjamin Marshall (FreeREG)
Her Father was James GAGEN a Labourer.

She didnt wait long to remarry.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 18 October 18 13:52 BST (UK) »
Sophia C married Robert Jones.
Census gives place of birth as

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 18 October 18 13:53 BST (UK) »
Looks like Hanahs Bapt is mistrancribed with her Birth Date;

HANNAH MARIA Landeman
Birth date   10 Mar 1827
Baptism date   25 Dec 1859
Parents JOHN/SOPHIE
Abode King Ed Street North, Grimsby

The 3 Girls Marriages are also on FreeREG
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Sally4x

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 18 October 18 18:32 BST (UK) »
Thanks - I already have most of that. Hannah Maria sometimes Annie Maria Prior was born before him and Sophia Prior married.

I have often wondered whether those first two children that are showing as been born in Germany were either siblings or as most people on Ancestry presume the children of Johannes and Sophia before they married.

He is my 3rd great grandfather and it is frustrating to not be able to find anything about him. As you say the ages don’t add up and also the names and spellings constantly change!

Offline Sally4x

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 18 October 18 18:40 BST (UK) »
And I have also searched for Neidermieor Germany as well which is on the census for Sophia Christiana as a birth place on the 1881 census and that also is transcribed wrong and doesn’t exist so makes finding these people probably impossible.

Offline Sally4x

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 18 October 18 18:57 BST (UK) »
I have found on Ancestry a baptism in April 1843 in Lussow Germany for a Sophia Maria Christiana Lindeman daughter of Johanes Andreas Lindeman and his wife Sophia Maria maiden name Dose. This is the only thing that remotely matches, but of course it would mean than Johannes certainly wasn’t born in 1831.

Lussow is near places called Kassow and Neukloster which are a bit similar to the transcriptions so you never know!

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 18 October 18 20:39 BST (UK) »

Hmm, I am leaning towards a totally different area of Germany because of "Cassel" in the 1861 census. When I played around with "Merdermesen"(1871) and "Neadermieor"(1881), I ended up with "Niedermeiser" abt 25km from Kassel. (Of course my guess could be totally wrong).

While I was having a look at FS, I found an 1867 German census for a family in Karow (abt 40k from Lüssow). It sounds a bit like the family you found with a Sophia born abt 1843: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QV3S-DLF1

Offline Karen McDonald

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ** THINK POSITIVE! **
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 18 October 18 20:56 BST (UK) »
Sophia Lendeman remarried 17 May 1866 to Benjamin Marshall (FreeREG)
Her Father was James GAGEN a Labourer.

She didnt wait long to remarry.

I'm confused. I thought her maiden name was Prior... ???

Do we have any actual images of the various place names mentioned here (apart from Niedermeiser)?

Comhalsen is bugging me.  ::) I was wondering whether it should be (Bad) Karlshafen..? Another shot in the dark!  ;D

Karen
McDonald MacDonald M'Donald McGregor MacGregor M'Gregor Twilley Wells Fentiman Carrington Rowe Needham Mitchell Mackie Collingwood Fuller Maides Shilton Hagon Budd

Offline Sally4x

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 18 October 18 21:55 BST (UK) »

Hmm, I am leaning towards a totally different area of Germany because of "Cassel" in the 1861 census. When I played around with "Merdermesen"(1871) and "Neadermieor"(1881), I ended up with "Niedermeiser" abt 25km from Kassel. (Of course my guess could be totally wrong).

While I was having a look at FS, I found an 1867 German census for a family in Karow (abt 40k from Lüssow). It sounds a bit like the family you found with a Sophia born abt 1843: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QV3S-DLF1

Yes I think you are correct. Those names totally make sense and that entry in Family Search certainly is the family I found. Well at least I have an area of Germany now to search in!