Author Topic: LAWLER - Queens County to NSW, Australia (Convict)  (Read 8941 times)

Offline swa

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Member
  • My Mum: Heather Frances LAWLER
    • View Profile
LAWLER - Queens County to NSW, Australia (Convict)
« on: Thursday 11 August 05 13:02 BST (UK) »
I am desperately seeking any additional information about my great great grandfather, John LAWLER...

John LAWLER arrived in Australia as a convict in 1828...  His ship, the 'Borodino' sailed from Cork, Ireland on 11 February 1828 and arrived in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on 12 July 1828. 

His trial was held in 1827 in Queens County and his native place was also listed as Queens County.

His father's name was Patrick LAWLER and his mother's name was Julia LAWLER (m.s. BYRNE).

John LAWLER married Catherine O'DONNELL in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on 16 March 1836.

Together they had 11 children.

Any additional information would be appreciated...

In particular, I would like to learn more about John's parents, Patrick and Julia.

Regards,
Sarah WALKER (m.s. HALL)
Australia
AIRDRIE, ANDERSON, ANSELL, BAUCHOP, BOORN, BOYLE, BURNET, DALE, DONALDSON, DOWNS, GILLESPIE, GRAHAM, GRAY, HADDOW, HALL, HAYES, HAYNES, HOUDALAKIS, JEFFREY, KIZER, LAWLER, MANTACH, MCALEAR, MCCABE, MCDONALD, MCNAY, MEIKLE, MILLAR, MILNE, MYCOCK, O’DONNELL, PREMO, QUINN,  RAINEY, RILEY, ROBB, RUSSELL, SIMS, SMELLIE, STEVENSON, SUNDERLAND, WALKER, WISEMAN and YOUNG

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: LAWLER - Queens County to NSW, Australia (Convict)
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 30 August 05 20:59 BST (UK) »
Hello Sarah,
Came across your request while searching the Laois site.

Perhaps you have the information you need at this stage, but everything you might need in at;
http://www.gencircles.com

I typed in the name of John Lawler and it has everything, from birth, to the crime, the prison, sentence, children and names also.
Excellent information.
Best wishes,
Jack :)

Offline swa

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Member
  • My Mum: Heather Frances LAWLER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 31 August 05 10:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your message Jack, but the only information about John LAWLER on GenCircles are the details, which I have submitted from my WALKER & HALL Family Tree.

I am particularly interested in finding out more about John's parents, Patrick LAWLER & Julia BYRNE.

At this stage, all I know is that the family's native place was Queens County.

Still hoping for some new leads...

Regards,
Sarah WALKER (m.s. HALL)
Australia
AIRDRIE, ANDERSON, ANSELL, BAUCHOP, BOORN, BOYLE, BURNET, DALE, DONALDSON, DOWNS, GILLESPIE, GRAHAM, GRAY, HADDOW, HALL, HAYES, HAYNES, HOUDALAKIS, JEFFREY, KIZER, LAWLER, MANTACH, MCALEAR, MCCABE, MCDONALD, MCNAY, MEIKLE, MILLAR, MILNE, MYCOCK, O’DONNELL, PREMO, QUINN,  RAINEY, RILEY, ROBB, RUSSELL, SIMS, SMELLIE, STEVENSON, SUNDERLAND, WALKER, WISEMAN and YOUNG

Offline Anjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 30 November 07 21:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sarah,

You probably have had your answer by now but just incase I'll add this. There is a tombstone in Durrow, Co. Laois which has a tombstone of a Patrick Lalor, Julia Lalor, Bridget Lalor and Michael Lalor. They are all buried in one grave. I have no info other than this as it was from an index of Tombstones I found a genealogy site for Laios but plan a visit to Durrow soon so might be able to shed more light on it.

All the best Anjo

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 30 November 07 23:12 GMT (UK) »
Durrow headstone;
Lalor Michael;  4/9/1933  (84) Parknahowe, Cullahill
Bridget (w);    17/12/1948  (80)
Patrick(son);   10/1/1953   (55)
Julia (w);         28/8/1994  (88).

Jack.

Offline Anjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 30 November 07 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Well done Jack,

that saves me a trip there as my Lalors were from ballyroan and wondered if there was a connection. Looks like they are too young to be of any use to Sarah. Thanks for following that up for me.

:)

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 30 November 07 23:37 GMT (UK) »
My good wife, Anne, is from Cullenagh, Ballyroan, might be able to help, let me know what you need,
Jack

Offline Anjo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 30 November 07 23:52 GMT (UK) »
Ahhhhhhhhh thats very good of you but only just started on my hubbies family of Lalors from Ballinlough, Ballyroan so don't have anything just yet. I am hoping the 1901 census will help. I found a Michael Lalor in Ballinough on the head of households index and hopefully he'll have a son Thomas age 16 still living at home. (Thomas was born 1884 in Ballinlough) As they had a farm there its highly likely. On the Griffiths valuation of 1850/1851/1852 there is Thomas Lalor in Ballinlough which could be Michaels father. All guess work at the mo though. I'll keep plugging away till it all fits in place, but thanks for the interest.

Angela.