Author Topic: Thomas Landreth & Jane Mole (Moll) marriage  (Read 733 times)

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Landreth & Jane Mole (Moll) marriage
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 23 October 18 12:13 BST (UK) »
Thank you for looking that up. I am trying all sorts of permutations at the moment. It doesn't help that there are several Thomas Landreth's around at the same time and whilst some people say his parents are George Landreth and Margaret Baillie I am convinced that is wrong not least because it would mean they had three sons called Thomas and two of them living at the same time for a time span of 50 years plus.

I have looked on Scotlands people as well under both Thomas's name and variants and Jane's name and variants and just tried Moule as well but so far no go.

The search continues (and they are not even my ancestors!)
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Landreth & Jane Mole (Moll) marriage
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 04 November 18 16:54 GMT (UK) »
Well it’s not getting any easier. There appear to be two George Landreft’s married to a Margaret and both have sons called Thomas.

Marriage: George Landreth & Margaret Jameson 20 Aug 1787, Roxburgh,Roxburgh,Scotland

Marriage: George Landreth & Margaret Baillie 6 June 1797. Golden Square Presbyterian or Scotch Church, Berwick Upon Tweed, Northumberland, England

Birth Thomas Landreth 29 Jul 1804, ROXBURGH, ROXBURGH, SCOTLAND
Father George Landreth Mother Margaret Jamison. Is this a possible for the Thomas born c1803 Tweedmouth? Or is it the Thomas Landreft resident in Kelso in the 1851 Scottish census.

Birth and baptism.Thomas Landreth born 16 Oct 1811, baptism 18 Nov 1811
GOLDEN SQUARE PRESBYTERIAN OR SCOTCH CHURCH,BERWICK UPON TWEED,NORTHUMBERLAND,ENGLAND
Father George Landreth Mother Margaret (this is Margaret Baillie). This Thomas Landreft lives until 1893 and is not the one I am looking for.
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.