Author Topic: Missing index records? Or just a mistake on my part?  (Read 2099 times)

Offline JohninSussex

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Missing index records? Or just a mistake on my part?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 20 October 18 00:37 BST (UK) »
The church itself is St Peter and Paul’s church, Rock - but sadly I think the images are only available on local microfilm in Worcester or through the LDS family history centres.

I think this is the answer to your question. If the records are not on-line then they can not be indexed.
That is not at all true (in general; it might be accurate in the particular case).  There are very many record sets that do not exist on line  but have been indexed, perhaps by family history enthusiasts in the pre-computer era, and the indexes are found online.  And there are transcriptions published by local record societies in book form - including  some for Worcestershire that I have consulted before now.
Rutter, Sampson, Swinerd, Head, Redman in Kent.  Others in Cheshire, Manchester, Glos/War/Worcs.
RUTTER family and Matilda Sampson's Will:

Offline macwil

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Missing index records? Or just a mistake on my part?
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 20 November 18 01:54 GMT (UK) »
He may have been baptised in a nearby parish.
I have a GGGg'dad who gave three different places of birth in census, I found him baptised in Mamble, all his siblings in Pensax and his parents married in the third, Lindridge. All within walking distance of each other.

Forgot to mention, in all four census '41-'71 he lived in . . . Rock, (next door to Pensax), although for some reason he married in Kidderminster, as did two of his brothers.
Active links are now (after 13/04/2018) indicated by bold red italics. Just click on them.
The only stupid question is the one not asked

WILSON; Lancs, Lanrks.
BERRY; Lancs.
BORASTON; Salop, Worcs,
TYLER; Salop, Herefords.