Author Topic: lowe family  (Read 2102 times)

Offline kiffagh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
lowe family
« on: Saturday 20 October 18 11:44 BST (UK) »
i am looking for information on a lowe family that lived in new Zealand in the 1950's. possibly in Auckland . i have a photo of them from the waterfront where the british merchant navy ships docked. it is possible the photo is taken where the Hilton Auckland is located. there are no names on the photo except the lowe family. it is a mother,father and son

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • If only they could talk !
    • View Profile
Re: lowe family
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 20 October 18 12:54 BST (UK) »
Hello.

The 1950's is a dificult time for us to be helping you on the public forum pages, as this forum does not allow us to be discussing the possible living.

We would normally ask for a few family Christian [given] names to aid the search, and an area from the "Old" country it is believed they hailed from. So that records available to us, can be cross checked.

There are many prominent people in the greater Auckland area with the surname Lowe. The white pages telephone directory has over 180 listings for greater Auckland, but does not list the numbers of many of the competing service providers.

If you are in the position to make available more details via the private message service, I'm sure some of the NZ forum may be able to assist. Do you have the ability to post a low resolution [under 500 kb] copy of the photo you have, as that could also help?

Alan.

Early Settlers & Heritage. Family History.

Offline kiffagh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 20 October 18 13:51 BST (UK) »
Alan,
i cannot put a low resolution photo up as it is a fairly clear photo. i don't want to put the photo as the son's family or friends may be offended . i will see what i can do. my dad is in some of them put he as passed away a few years ago , so i  thought it would be nice to find out what he did in new Zealand and did he spend much time. my dad was irish so he could have met them in England or they had family where my dad was born

Offline Fresh Fields

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • If only they could talk !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 20 October 18 20:08 BST (UK) »
Hi again.

I'm no expert and I live some distance away from Auckland, but if you are prepared to share an email address [can not post photo's in PM's] I could have a look at any photo you are prepared to privately send me, and therefore see if any thing in / on the photo/s I feel I could refer on for further suggestions.

Alan.
Early Settlers & Heritage. Family History.

Offline Janette

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Good night Kiwi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 20 October 18 20:09 BST (UK) »
Hi.

As your dad has passed away and you are looking to find out more about him in NZ would you like to maybe post his name and date of birth?

Cheers Janette

Offline spades

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 20 October 18 22:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Kiffagh, and welcome  :)

I agree with Janette's suggestion. Researching someone from the family will provide answers to some of your questions and might lead to details about the photograph.

Spades
ELLERKER - Beverley ERY ENG
HEALEY - IRL?
MURDOCH - Wigtownshire SCT, Otago and Westland NZ
PALING - Nottinghamshire ENG
RILEY - Flamborough; Cottingham; South Dalton ERY, Manitoba CAN, & London ENG
STURTON - Arnold, Nottinghamshire ENG
SUTTRON - All, NRY & DUR ENG
TAYLOR - London ENG
TYLER - London ENG
TERNAN/TIERNAN - Dublin IRL

Offline TwiggyTree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 20 October 18 22:20 BST (UK) »
I note that some of your other queries revolve around the merchant navy.

You may be interested in this NZ database: http://www.nzmaritimeindex.org.nz/izsearchpersons.php

...out of, through, and back from New Zealand to the ends of the Earth

FRYER - MITCHELL - DUKE - WHYTE - McDONALD - TAYLOR - CARPENTER - HARRIS - WILLIAMS - CUNNINGHAME - LUCAS - WHITE - BOTHAM - HOLDAWAY - EYLES - OLSEN - CHASE - TRAILL - BAGGS - HASKINS - EDWARDS - CHING - SHIELDS - POLLARD - HOGAN - SMITH - STANLEY - HALL - ROBERTS - LARKHAM

Offline TwiggyTree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 20 October 18 22:37 BST (UK) »
...out of, through, and back from New Zealand to the ends of the Earth

FRYER - MITCHELL - DUKE - WHYTE - McDONALD - TAYLOR - CARPENTER - HARRIS - WILLIAMS - CUNNINGHAME - LUCAS - WHITE - BOTHAM - HOLDAWAY - EYLES - OLSEN - CHASE - TRAILL - BAGGS - HASKINS - EDWARDS - CHING - SHIELDS - POLLARD - HOGAN - SMITH - STANLEY - HALL - ROBERTS - LARKHAM

Offline kiffagh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 20 October 18 22:52 BST (UK) »
Janette,
his name was paul Freehill or frehill depending on how it was spelt. he was born on the 25/6/ 1935 in Ireland.the ship he was on came into queen charlotte sound on the 24th December 1957 till 4 January 1958.