Author Topic: Display Boards request  (Read 932 times)

Offline MikeG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Display Boards request
« on: Saturday 20 October 18 20:50 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Can anyone or any group in Leicestershire let me borrow a Display Board, or Boards, for an exhibition that the Kirby Muxloe Local History Group are mounting on the 17th November?  Either free-standing or table top would do.

You can either contact me via Rootschat or via the contact email address on our website, which is
www.kirbymuxloelocalhistorygroup.org

Best wishes,

Mike

Offline TonyV

• RootsChat Senior
  • Expect the unexpected (I forgot to!)
    • View Profile
Re: Display Boards request
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 20 October 18 21:53 BST (UK) »
Good luck with your board search and exhibition Mike. From a former resident of LFE, frequenter of the Red Cow, member (briefly) of Kirby Muxloe Golf Club and regular at the local tennis courts around the 1960s. My bus to school also took me and the rest of us through KM on it's way to Bosworth. I remember the village with affection.

Tony
(now in Hampshire)

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 20 October 18 23:24 BST (UK) »
Try a local school, Mike, they may be willing to lend you one, especially if you give a donation to school funds. Or perhaps you could offer to give a talk in an assembly.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MikeG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 21 October 18 10:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks to Tony & "groom" for their messages.  We have tried our local school, without success.  I think the problem is that with the centenary of the 1914-18 war coming up, everyone is putting on a display!

Mike

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 21 October 18 20:40 BST (UK) »
Hi I have a 3 board / displayboard I use for Meccano exhibitions. Complete in bag .
If you can collect & return by beginning of December when needed then you are welcome to borrow it.

Please use pm to contact me if this would work. I live north side of loughborough.

Diddy
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 21 October 18 21:34 BST (UK) »

Sounds interesting :)

Offline MikeG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 21 October 18 23:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Diddy,

That's great! Thanks very much - yes, I can certainly pick up & return by late November.

Sorry - I didn't understand the way to contact you - I'm not used to using Rootschat.  Could you let me know how I can contact you, or altenatively you can contact me via the History Group website (see contact details on it) at:
www.kirbymuxloelocalhistorygroup.org

Best wishes - and thanks again for your kind offer,

Mike

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 21 October 18 23:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Mike....if you click onto the text icon under Diddy's name....you can send him a private message.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline MikeG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 21 October 18 23:35 BST (UK) »
Thanks Carol.  I now understand and have replied.

Best wishes,

Mike