Author Topic: French translation No 7 - help please  (Read 363 times)

Offline Avondale16

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
French translation No 7 - help please
« on: Tuesday 23 October 18 10:02 BST (UK) »
another PC in French - a translation as always would be greatly appreciated.

Keith

Offline Rodeo

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: French translation No 7 - help please
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 October 18 10:52 BST (UK) »
My dear Marcel:

I thank you for your card. As you must well be thinking, I don’t have any news to write to you. Giving my news to my uncle every Tuesday, I think you benefit from it at the same time. Certainly, I’m getting used to my new life. There are with me some French women with whom I’m very happy to speak from time to time because it wouldn’t be tenable otherwise. There are, especially, two of them with whom we get along perfectly together and who are charming. I’m sending you cards to show you this beautiful city! I kiss you. Yvonne

Cheers,

Rodeo

Offline Avondale16

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: French translation No 7 - help please
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 October 18 11:03 BST (UK) »
My dear Marcel:

I thank you for your card. As you must well be thinking, I don’t have any news to write to you. Giving my news to my uncle every Tuesday, I think you benefit from it at the same time. Certainly, I’m getting used to my new life. There are with me some French women with whom I’m very happy to speak from time to time because it wouldn’t be tenable otherwise. There are, especially, two of them with whom we get along perfectly together and who are charming. I’m sending you cards to show you this beautiful city! I kiss you. Yvonne

Cheers,

Rodeo

Wonderful - thanks so much Rodeo - a nice little message to have translated
Keith