Author Topic: Management of another DNA account  (Read 484 times)

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
Management of another DNA account
« on: Tuesday 23 October 18 14:32 BST (UK) »
Unbeknown to me, my niece (she's in her 20's) has done an Ancestry DNA test.

Turns out she's one of those annoying people (to us!) who only did it for her ethnicity results. I'm pretty sure she has no intention of going any further.

If I can persuade her, would I be able to get access to and/or take over management of her account? She's not an Ancestry subscriber.

Jill
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Management of another DNA account
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 October 18 15:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Jill

I might have misread this but I think you could become a manager:

https://support.ancestry.co.uk/s/article/Sharing-DNA-Results

Gadget

She'd have to do the initial invitation.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 October 18 18:53 BST (UK) »
Jill, If she allows you, you can either view her results, collaborate with them or manage them.

I manage my husband's DNA results, he has no interest whatsoever. Out of courtesy I tell him of close matches, e.g. his cousin's son.

I am also a viewer of one of my cousin's results, plus two more distant matches, both of whom I was in contact with before I tested, one for many years..

I can send messages to all of them through DNA match pages, my husband can't as he is neither a subscriber nor manages his own results.

If she just lets you be a viewer she won't have a tree to attach herself to. If you invite her to view your tree, she can attach herself.

With collaboration, you can view, add notes, award favourite stars etc.

As Gadget says, the initial invitation would have to come from her.

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 23 October 18 19:32 BST (UK) »
Thanks - that all sounds very promising. I shall work on her next time I see her!!

Any additional matches on our common side of the family could be invaluable.

Jill
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.