Author Topic: Proposed Brick wall help at North Shields library  (Read 587 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Proposed Brick wall help at North Shields library
« on: Tuesday 23 October 18 15:41 BST (UK) »
This is a proposed venture .. not definite yet .. the local studies staff are hoping to find out of there may be enough interest for this to go ahead.

If you might be interested please let them know.  If enough people show interest this brick wall surgery will likely to ahead. :)

At the present time a staff member thinks this will be free.  I will let you know if I hear any different.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Proposed Brick wall help at North Shields library
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 November 18 11:10 GMT (UK) »
Excellent I hope it does go ahead x
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 04 November 18 11:00 GMT (UK) »
I hope it does too, Radcliff.  I will ask about this next time I can get there and find out if this is going to go ahead.   :)

I do like the North Shields library - the staff in the local studies are always arranging great stuff for family historians.  This department has also recently acquired several new microfilm readers.  They have kept one of the old ones.  I am just disappointed to think that they didn't think to ask if I wanted to take the other old one home with me. ;D ;)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 05 November 18 11:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Everyone,

I have managed to call briefly at the North Shields library this morning to get an update about this.

I have been told that they are still in the process of assessing interest for this to go ahead. 

I have been told if this does go ahead the aim will be to give each person a time slot wherein they will receive one-to-one attention with brick wall help.  Just to clarify this is will not aimed at helping individuals build up their family tree - this is only to help with brick wall problems.

If you are interested please note that it is a good idea to contact the library as soon as possible and put your name down.  This will help them assess whether it will be worth setting up this brick wall surgery.  If you do put your name down and this does not go ahead due to insufficient interest the library staff will contact you to let you know.