Author Topic: George Drinkwater, brewer, of Liverpool in 1832  (Read 1739 times)

Offline pughcd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Drinkwater, brewer, of Liverpool in 1832
« Reply #18 on: Monday 05 November 18 21:13 GMT (UK) »
@heywood You are a star!

Drinkwater = Quinkwortin lol

Many thanks  :)

Ingham, Crabtree, Ogden, Horsfield - Yorkshire, Dixon, Park, Spooner - Westmorland, Drinkwater - Lancashire,  Gonsalves, Tressler - Lahore, Pakistan, Oberbremer, Baute, Rieke, Lindemeier, Sewing, Mesterheide, Clauss, Althoff, Wortmann, - North-Rhine Westphalia, Germany, Grolms, Schonscheck, Weiss, Schwartz, Stephan, Weissin -West Prussia

Offline anonemouse

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: George Drinkwater, brewer, of Liverpool in 1832
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 21 January 24 18:08 GMT (UK) »
I  did know that the eldest son Samuel born 1790 had survived married Mary Jane Dodson, who was actually his maternal cousin and gone on to produce a family of 15 children, sadly not all lived but they did later live on the IOM  i have a contact who is descended from them and he now lives in New Zealand.

So it is with great interest that i have been reading this thread.                                                                  You would find a connection to the Liverpool merchants connections to the Syers and the Leece family if you traced the Drinkwater family backwards to Peter Drinkwater of Grappenhall died at Masssie Green , i am descended from the eldest son George and the link that leads to the Liverpool merchants and peerage is from Georges younger brother Nathaniel Drinkwater. Hope this has helped and been of interest  kind regards