Author Topic: Living DNA autosomal DNA upload  (Read 2126 times)

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Living DNA autosomal DNA upload
« on: Wednesday 24 October 18 06:58 BST (UK) »
Has anybody uploaded to living DNA and had results back?

I uploaded there 28 Aug 2018 and have still had no results. That is nearly 2 months ago, whilst other companies have taken about 2 days for autosomal uploads.

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline Liz_in_Sussex

• RootsChat Veteran
  • "We wunt be druv."
    • View Profile
Re: Living DNA autosomal DNA upload
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 24 October 18 07:21 BST (UK) »
Hi,

My Dad has done a Living DNA test which we saw as a supplement to the FTDNA test he had already got - the latter gives him matches but Living DNA was to confirm whereabouts he was from - and it did confirm what we thought which was very helpful given his missing Grandfather’s details! It was uncanningly accurate!

As far as I was aware you can’t upload raw data to Living DNA from another site? As for matches, Dad has opted into receiving them, but I understand this won’t be available until later this year as it is a new thing they are trialling.

So, do you mean you have no information at all? Or just no matches? If the former then I would get in touch with them but if it is matches you are after I am afraid they will only appear later on and then only if you have opted in.

Liz
Research interests:
Sussex (Isted, Trusler, Pullen, Botting), Surrey (Isted), Shropshire (Hayward), Lincolnshire (Brown, Richardson), Wiltshire (Bailey), Schleswig-Holstein (Isted),  Nordrhein-Westfalen (Niessen).

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 24 October 18 07:31 BST (UK) »
Living DNA do accept autosomal uploads.

https://www.livingdna.com/help-centre/332/uploading-data

I know is that matches will not be available until later this year, I have opted in to this when it becomes available.

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline Liz_in_Sussex

• RootsChat Veteran
  • "We wunt be druv."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 24 October 18 07:46 BST (UK) »
Ah, sorry, I didn’t realise that - but presumably you wouldn’t get any matches still if people like my Dad who tested with them can’t get matches yet? Or do you mean you haven’t got any of the locational information either?

I’ll try uploading Mum’s raw data and see what happens 8) - it will hopefully just reveal a little blob over the map where Sussex (which is why we didn’t both getting her tested at Living DNA)!

Liz
Research interests:
Sussex (Isted, Trusler, Pullen, Botting), Surrey (Isted), Shropshire (Hayward), Lincolnshire (Brown, Richardson), Wiltshire (Bailey), Schleswig-Holstein (Isted),  Nordrhein-Westfalen (Niessen).

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 24 October 18 09:01 BST (UK) »
I've uploaded my raw data to gedmatch and My Heritage and also Living DNA.

I had no "matches" on Living DNA, found that all links on the site seemed to direct me to some kind of "one world project" which I didn't feel comfortable joining.

I therefore requested that they remove my raw data from their site, which they confirmed that they would do. I haven't yet checked if they have done as I requested, but they got back to me quickly and were very helpful.

It is very likely that it I missed something or was doing something wrong but I found myself going round in circles and ending up with them asking me to join in this one world type project.

If I couldn't find my way around the site easily I knew I would never use it, hence requesting removal of data and closure of my account.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 24 October 18 12:48 BST (UK) »
Just to add that I also uploaded to Living DNA but found the same as Margaret and Ruskie.  Ruskie told me how she contacted them and asked for her data to be removed and her account closed.  I did this but have had no reply. My account is still there and the same page displayed.

I've written a second message to them requesting deletion of data and closure of my account. I await their response.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 24 October 18 12:58 BST (UK) »
That's a shame Gadget.  :( They were very prompt replying to my emails.

I've just logged into my account which tells me my Status is: "Test cancelled". It gives a reference number and participant number (which are the same numbers), so it looks like my account may have  been deactivated (though I was still able to log in with my email address and password) rather than removed.  :-\

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 24 October 18 13:29 BST (UK) »
I uploaded so long ago I can only guess it was February/March? I received an email last week asking to resend my files as the others 'were contaminated'

Delete email
Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 24 October 18 22:26 BST (UK) »
That's a shame Gadget.  :( They were very prompt replying to my emails.

I've just logged into my account which tells me my Status is: "Test cancelled". It gives a reference number and participant number (which are the same numbers), so it looks like my account may have  been deactivated (though I was still able to log in with my email address and password) rather than removed.  :-\

Have now been contacted and asked for a Level 3 delete  :)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***