Author Topic: Look up at London Metropolitan Archives required.  (Read 444 times)

Offline Minnieccat

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Look up at London Metropolitan Archives required.
« on: Thursday 25 October 18 15:34 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find a baptism record for a Charles DOUGLAS(S) born 1805 St. Luke's. Another researcher has recently contacted the LMA with regard to baptism records for St. Luke, Old Street. The reply she received is as follows;

We can confirm that we hold the records of St Luke, Old Street at the London Metropolitan Archives which includes baptism records.

These are available to view on microfilm X027/002 (1800-1810) and an overlap on X027/003 (1808-1812). I have checked www.ancestry.co.uk which holds digitised copies of our parish records and it would appear that there is a gap online for this period in the records of St Luke.
At the current time, if you are able to, you would need to visit our offices to view the microfilm copies.

Unfortunately she lives in Australia and I live in West Yorkshire.

Is there anyone who could kindly look at the above records at the LMA for a Charles DOUGLAS(s) born about 1805?

Charles Douglas(s) is my 3rd Great Grandfather.

Thank you.
Franklin, Maish/Marsh from Dorset then London,Simons/Symonds and varients from Kiddington, Oxfordshire, Hanks from Stonesfield, Leach from Brighton, Smith from Brighton & Henley, Oxfordshire, Fakes/Feakes @ Wells from Suffolk, Lane from Botley & Basingstoke,  Reynolds from Norfolk, Douglass from Bethnal Green, later in Reading and Barnes/Richmond Surrey, Sibley from Hillingon @ Hayes Middx, Tansell @ Watton

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Look up at London Metropolitan Archives required.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 25 October 18 16:12 BST (UK) »
It looks as though these registers are also available through the LDS family history library.  It may be possible to view them closer to your homes

https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/273736?availability=Family%20History%20Library
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk