Author Topic: Sheather Familes Etchingham  (Read 476 times)

Offline rsel

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sheather Familes Etchingham
« on: Friday 26 October 18 06:16 BST (UK) »
Hi,
    Does anybody have any knowledge on the Sheather family/families from Etchingham ?  I am trying to link up a large cluster of DNA matches that ancestry show as shared matches, to my family. until now I have had no starting point as most don't seem to share any names of places with my family. However, I now have one of them that has a family line going back to a James Sheather b approx. 1751 in Etchingham, which could give me a good starting point, as I have a John Sheather who married a Frances Sellens (who is great x7 great aunt) in Etchingham in 1728. Now I have never really looked into that family, but IGI/Ancestry do list a number of baptisms to a family of John & Frances Sheather, which includes a James in 1751.  Doing web searches there seems to be a lot of very old posts which say there is confusion over who John and Frances Sheather actually are, specifically who Frances was and where she came from.

I am therefore hoping that somebody on here might be connected to the family, and have more up to date information that either proves or disproves, if these are the same family, as that will give me a foundation to start working with.

Thanks

Richard
Sellens - Sussex
Newham - Surrey
Wellington - Dagenham, Essex
Camp - South Essex
Wren - Essex
Livermore - Essex
Wane - Essex
Fisk - Essex / Suffolk
Bailey/Bayley - Sussex
Newton - Sussex