Author Topic: Is there any way to interrogate Column 19 of New York passenger arrival lists?  (Read 677 times)

Offline City Hall

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I remember being told that my great uncle,who had already settled in Brooklyn, took in dozens of people from his part of rural Ireland when they first arrived in New York.Is there any way of interrogating column 19 of the New York passenger arrival lists to find out how many times a particular address is recorded,either on the Ellis Island or Familysearch versions of passenger lists?

Thank you.

Offline City Hall

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Is there any way to interrogate Column 19 of New York passenger arrival lists?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 October 18 21:55 BST (UK) »
You can all stand down now folks, I have solved my own conundrum. Thanks for all your help ( I think)!!!!

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Is there any way to interrogate Column 19 of New York passenger arrival lists?
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 27 October 18 22:21 BST (UK) »
Is there a way? I was hoping someone would post the solution, it would come in very handy. Even better if you could search on last residence and destination together.

Offline City Hall

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 28 October 18 10:16 GMT (UK) »
The way I solved my problem was by entering my great uncle's name in the 'other person' field of the familysearch version of the New York passenger arrival lists.

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 28 October 18 10:44 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much, I will give it a try.