Author Topic: William Salt Library and Stafford RO  (Read 263 times)

Offline goldie61

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Salt Library and Stafford RO
« on: Monday 29 October 18 20:21 GMT (UK) »
Is there any kind person going to visit, or would be prepared to visit, the William Salt Library and/or Stafford Record Office? - I know they are right next door to each other in Stafford. Id love to visit, but Im on the other side of the world.

I have sent for copies of documents from Stafford RO in the past - their charges are not too bad, but William Salts charges start at 30 minimum - even for something that may only take 15 minutes. They hold the Court Rolls for a particular parish in the 1600s Id love to see - I think I may have just cracked a 30 year brick wall for my direct ancestor.  :D

If there is anybody who might be able to go and take some photographs (not hundreds!), Id be more than happy to pay the photography fee for the day, plus a bit extra.
Other kind Rootschatters have done this in the past at other Record Offices, and it has worked very well.

Many thanks
Lane, Burgess: Cheshire. Finney, Rogers, Gilman:Derbys
Cochran, Nicol, Paton, Bruce:Scotland. Bertolle:London
Bainbridge, Christman, Jeffs: Staffs

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.