Author Topic: Godwin burials in Woolston?  (Read 663 times)

Offline AsH62

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Godwin burials in Woolston?
« on: Tuesday 30 October 18 18:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi. I am finding it difficult to work out where two of my ancestors were buried and i wondered if anyone local could suggest a possible church or graveyard.
Melinda Godwin nee Green died on the 4th of Feb 1925 at her home Ordnance House, Milton Road, Woolston. She and her husband William had lived there for a long time. I assume that she would have been buried close by but i am having no luck with my search. William died three years later on the 18th of December 1928 in Bitterne where he lived with his mother after he was widowed. I sent off for both death certificates to see if there were any clues but they haven't helped.
Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Alison

Online bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Godwin burials in Woolston?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 30 October 18 18:45 GMT (UK) »
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline AsH62

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 30 October 18 18:52 GMT (UK) »
That's exciting because that is where their son was buried. I don't know the area and hadn't realised that it was near Woolston, I will try and contact the church. I really appreciate your help - thanks
Alison

Offline AsH62

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 02 November 18 10:36 GMT (UK) »
A big thank you Bearkat I got in touch with the cemetery and they have already confirmed that William and Melinda are buried there and given me the details.

Alison