Author Topic: Rev. William John McCracken, First Ballyeaston Church  (Read 2481 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Rev. William John McCracken, First Ballyeaston Church
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 18 November 18 11:09 GMT (UK) »
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline pablo1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 18 November 18 22:45 GMT (UK) »
Seems that the McCracken facebook group knows less than I about the Rev. John, so I will need to keep digging a little bit more.  However, I will pass along what I have found out to one of the Adair descendants living in the U.S. who hopefully migh have some additional information.  Thanking everyone for all of your assistance which is always much appreciated.
With very best wishes,
Paul

Offline jwaugh

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 19 November 18 10:10 GMT (UK) »
Hello

I had a lady called Amy contact me just over a year ago looking for information on Rev McCracken.

I found the following information for her.

I found the following children born to the Rev McCracken and his wife.

Elizabeth Wilson McCracken 29 September 1866 Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan
William John McCracken 24 March 1868 Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan
Rachel McCracken 27 March 1870 Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan
Mary Matilda McCracken 12 March 1873 Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan
Esther Ellen McCracken 28 June 1875 Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan

From the records of First Baleaston Presbyterian Church I found the baptism of a son Robert McKane McCracken

Surname   Sx   Childs Christian Name   Fathers Christian Name   Mothers Maiden Name   Mothers Christian Name   Dy   Mt   Year   Area born

McCRACKEN   M   Robert McKane   Rev W J   Harris   Rachel Ann   9   9   1879   Ballyeaston

I Also discovered the marriage of his daughter

James Adair Married Hester (Esther) McCracken on the 4th April 1899 in Ballylinney Presbyterian.

Your grandfather James McCracken Adair was born on the 28th December 1902 in Belfast.

Maybe Paul your looking info for the same Lady.

Regards

John Waugh

Stewart, Stuart, Todd, Duncan, Waugh, in Ballyclare, Ballyeaston, Rashee, Cairncastle areas of Antrim, Northern Ireland (Ireland)

Offline pablo1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 19 November 18 22:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi, John.  First, I would like to thank you for taking the time for posting this information for me.  Many of the Adairs first immigrated to Minnesota and then later on to Livingston County, New York, and I am in contact with them.  In truth, I am primarily a McCauley-Robinson researcher as my lines are from the Ardymaugh-Ballyalbana area, many of whom also immigrated to Livingston Co., NY.  My difficulty, like with many other researchers, is to determine how the families tie together, if at all.

In the case of Rev. McCracken, I was curious as to whom his father was and to what happend to his siblings.  However, Rober McKane McCracken does look of interest, so I will spend a little time to see if I can find out more about him, and hopefully be able to make a post later on.  Once again, I would like to say thank you as I have been told that many people come to you asking for help.  As such, I know how busy one can become.

With very best wishes,
Paul Robinson
Osaka, Japan