Author Topic: Parents of John Elias Carter  (Read 571 times)

Offline JDB307

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Parents of John Elias Carter
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 14 November 18 09:36 GMT (UK) »
That should read (extreme right on original).

Henry Clarke died 1889 amd was buried on 20 March.

Jack
BLYTH of Wemyss, Markinch, Dysart, Kirkcaldy
Also MACKIE, SIMPSON, CARSTAIRS, CHRISTIE, LEITCH, DUNCAN, PENMAN, LAMBERT, BEVERIDGE, GIBSON, RENWICK

NEWBY of Sweffling, Benhall, Peasenhall area of Suffolk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline JDB307

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Parents of John Elias Carter
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 06 December 18 14:33 GMT (UK) »
Having spent more time than I should have in the Archives I decided to do a search on the GRO index for all John Carters born 1882-1886. None of them fitted. I then wrote to the GRO, asking if his birth might not have been registered. They replied that they would do a three-year search (costing 9.25) but I would have to give them the full name, which I can; the age, which I can; and the place where he was born, of which, in a way, I was asking them.

My next move is back to the archives to scan through the index of wills for John Elias' near relations. After that it will be the newspapers. I am not very hopeful about this and will probably have to accept that his birth/baptism went unrecorded.

So, thanks to all of you who tried to help but this looks like a dead end.

Kind regards,

Jack
BLYTH of Wemyss, Markinch, Dysart, Kirkcaldy
Also MACKIE, SIMPSON, CARSTAIRS, CHRISTIE, LEITCH, DUNCAN, PENMAN, LAMBERT, BEVERIDGE, GIBSON, RENWICK

NEWBY of Sweffling, Benhall, Peasenhall area of Suffolk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.