Author Topic: Chipping Campden; William Walker and Mary Petford(could also be Pilford) 1600's  (Read 1350 times)

Offline jbnorris73

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I am looking for information on William Walker (b. 1607) and Mary Petford(b.1612) in or near Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire. They were married on 29 Nov 1632 and had children. I can only find a marriage listed for them. I am looking for the Parents of William Walker. My Father in law is a descendant of William Walker. I have looked on every site I can think of and had no luck.

Any tidbit of info would be greatly appreciated.
jbnorris

Online Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Chipping Campden; William Walker and Mary Petford(could also be Pilford) 1600's
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 November 18 11:52 GMT (UK) »
Family Search does lists a number of WALKER baptisms at Chipping Campden early 17th century, which include...

Father: Peter/Peeter WALKER

Peter : 12 February 1617/12 March 1617
WALKER : 28 April 1618
Grizigon : 18 April 1620

Father: William/Will WALKER

Joseph : 31 January 1629
Thomas : 23 November 1634
William: 23 December 1635
Thomas : 12 August 1638
John : 3 May 1640
Mary : 28 April 1622
William : 13 June 1624

(Ancestry also has baptism of Richard WALKER son of William WALKER 17 November 1644 - with Godfathers: Richard MOLEY? Izack SURY? and Godmother: Margery RANDAL

and a Thomas WALKER buried 19 September 1644 at Chipping Campden.
--

Looking at Ancestry :  Records for Chipping Campden start at 1616:  later baptisms quote Godparents names

Peter WALKER was having children bapised at Chipping Campden - from 12 March 1617
and John WALKER from 28 April 1622 (daughter, Mary) and Jozeph WALKER - 31 January 1629.

Men in Armour for Gloucestershire 1608  (lists over 20,000 men)

http://www.coaley.net

Had a quick look for a Peter WALKER in Chipping Campden and Barrington

and for Chipping Campden and Barrington

Peter WALKER labourer, A40 - lower stature

which means he was aged about 40 - and of lower stature

and a Thomas WALKER A40 husbandman - Tallest Stature  (fit to make a Pikeman)  ****

If you look at the Help Page: as Peter was of lower stature - he was 'fit to serve with a caliver'

also at Chipping Campden and Barrington

Thomas WARTER - A60 - Carpenter

*** as family names usually play an important part, William had two sons named Thomas

----

Ancestry/Gloucestershire Archives lists a 6 Walker Wills for Chipping Campden.

Offline jbnorris73

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Chipping Campden; William Walker and Mary Petford(could also be Pilford) 1600's
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 01 November 18 20:13 GMT (UK) »
Capetown-Thank you for the information. I appreciate it so much. It will help me greatly to figure out my next step in my journey of discovery.

Jbnorris73