Author Topic: Who is the father of James MacPherson, Surgeon Dentist d.Jan 25 1844, Glasgow?  (Read 3296 times)

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Who is the father of James MacPherson, Surgeon Dentist d.Jan 25 1844, Glasgow?
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 06 November 18 09:07 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if dentists in the early 1800s knew about the effects of sugar on teeth?

Reminds me of a sketch by 'Scotland the What?' in which they were taking about a local village fête, to which the dentist's wife would be contributing her usual toffee.

Sorry, I'll get my coat ....
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Who is the father of James MacPherson, Surgeon Dentist d.Jan 25 1844, Glasgow?
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 06 November 18 10:04 GMT (UK) »
 ;D  If the "Last  Trump" excludes those who made their fortunes from the proceeds of slavery there will be a poor torn-oot on the top of the Necropolis!  ;D

Skoosh.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 06 November 18 11:55 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if dentists in the early 1800s knew about the effects of sugar on teeth?

Reminds me of a sketch by 'Scotland the What?' in which they were taking about a local village fête, to which the dentist's wife would be contributing her usual toffee.

Sorry, I'll get my coat ....

One way of ensuring work  ;D  ???

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"