Author Topic: Brick wall: Help finding 3 baptisms (1822, 1830, 1850) & a Funeral (1828) please  (Read 14346 times)

Offline teach3r

• RootsChat Senior
  • It's always good to share!
    • View Profile
Re: Brick wall: Help finding 3 baptisms (1822, 1830, 1850) & a Funeral (1828) please
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 03 November 18 18:17 GMT (UK) »
Yet again, thank you for your wisdom!
Berkshire: Clarke, Croxford, Eustace
Bilston, Staffordshire: Dean
Devon: Blackmore, Matthews
Gwyddelwern, Betws GG, Denbighshire: Davies, Evans
Glamorgan: Dean, Matthews
Hull: Grant, Nicholson, Patterson, White
Newcastle: Patterson
Shafton, Yorkshire: Miles, Moulson,
Wiltshire: Emery

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Brick wall: Help finding 3 baptisms (1822, 1830, 1850) & a Funeral (1828) please
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 03 November 18 20:06 GMT (UK) »
I did a quick check for other children of Hugh and Elizabeth in Llangwm but the only one that I found (Catherine)  was bpt there 27th March 1786. I'm not sure if they moved around. I haven't found a marriage or burials as yet.  I expect you've already been looking.

It might be worth checking the other couple as well.  Also check the non-conformist register on FindMyPast. I have the Blackwell index for Denbighshire (Clwyd FHS) but I think the FindMyPast one is easier to use.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline teach3r

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 08 November 18 14:51 GMT (UK) »
I have received the birth certs for Thomas jnr but do not think either of them is for the right person.

Both files attached (1 x pdf; 1 x jpg)

Nic

Offline teach3r

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 08 November 18 14:53 GMT (UK) »
I have also received Thomas Snr's will which does help shed some light!

Nic

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 08 November 18 15:36 GMT (UK) »
From the will, it looks as if Robert Wynne did produce the £300 for the mortgage as he's down as landowner in the 1871. Also, no mention of Catherine in the will but looks as if Thomas(1849)  was still under age... so.....
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline teach3r

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 08 November 18 16:56 GMT (UK) »
The will seems to have raised more questions than answers!  Thinking out aloud …….

Is Thomas snr leaving estate to Robert Wynne and Thomas (1820) who is his oldest son or is it Thomas (1849)?  Must be Thomas (1849) which means where is Thomas (1820)?

To become the son-in-law, I am assuming that Robert married Elizabeth and the only match that I can get for that is 1856 Q2 Ruthin 11B 606, although I would have expected it to be Corwen.

Strange that everything should be left to the son-in-law rather than anyone by his previous marriage.  Also based on the 1871 census, what did Thomas (1849) get out of all this.

On the 1861 census I can't work out where Robert Wynne was born (Llanfair as shown in 1871?).  I will order the marriage cert.

Hugh died before 1861 as his wife Elizabeth is a widow and has left children Thomas (my 2xG Grandfather), Edward, Hugh, and John Evans but there is no mention of his wife in the will.  I have all the boys in Tyisa Llyn (and other various spellings!)

Also in the 1861 census there is a Catherine Evans (granddaughter) - whose is she?  There is no mention of her in the will (is she still alive?).  There is  Catherine Wynne in 1871 aged 11 - is this the same person?

1851 Thomas Snr is shown as born in Llangwm whereas in 1861 he is born in Gwyddelwern.

Robert Wynne and Elizabeth have a daughter aged 13 called Elizbeth in the 1871 census but she is not on the 1861 census.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 08 November 18 19:57 GMT (UK) »
Just one point - it can't be Thomas's elder son as it refers to if he doesn't reach age of majority (or equivalent phrase). In 1865/66, Thomas, the elder, would have been 45-6 and the younger one would have been 15-16. Have you got the older Thomas on any of the later censuses?

Property tended to be past to males, so Elizabeth's husband would be the likely candidate.

I had a good look for Thomas, Jnr, but couldn't find him on censuses or a burial

I'll have a look at your other points over the next while. I have a bug at the moment so I'm not firing on all cylinders  :-\

Gadget

Offline teach3r

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 08 November 18 20:03 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Gadget - my points were just me thinking out loud. 

Hope you feel better soon.  I'll have another look over the weekend.

As always,. Your wisdom is appreciated!